New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently he meant we were a small team rather than club because he sat back with everyone behind the ball. To be fair Moyes' record away to the top clubs was utterly abysmal like.

He seems a decent bloke off the field in fairness, unlike the Italian Alladyce he actually seems to enjoy living in Merseyside as well.

If he comes on board we should give him a chance.

Trajectory

And what? You could easily argue Ancelotti was finished by entertaining the Everton job, he's just gone to Real Madrid.

The only logical argument against Benitez is that he chose to go to China, indicating his ambition has gone. Every other argument is stupid - his track record as a manager is fantastic, he's highly respected in the game, I don't give a toss if he played to the audience with small club comment and I give even less of a toss about him managing Liverpool as long as he does a good job here.

If Klopp called us a bunch of bells tomorrow and wanted the job a day after, you'd obviously take him. It's a business; Benitez fits the mold for what we're trying to do.

Ask yourself this, even if in 12 months from now he's binned, the last two managers of Everton are Carlo Ancelotti and Rafael Benitez, instead of Sam Allardyce and Eddie Howe. If you can't see the difference in stature in those names and how it benefits the Everton brand then I can't really help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.