New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I've seen this ruffle the feathers line, but I don't really know what that means in a football context? Or know what it means anymore than what Ancelotti did? He is not a young man anymore, and with age comes a different, often less confrontational way of working (which can be good and bad). You can't do everything yourself anymore. I know Alex Ferguson as he got into his 60's increasingly started letting Phelan and Meulensteen run bigger aspects of training and the like and was more of an overseer than a coach. As you get older your value is going to be around tactical acumen in games and a bit of man management than maybe coaching.

Benitez is confrontational but not in the way people think. I really don't think he will be interested in much more than money to spend. People seem to be suggesting he will ensure the club is ran better. For the most part his moans at other clubs have been to run clubs worse, or at least unsustainably for his own ends as opposed to the wider needs of the club.

I don't see any real evidence that he is going to take some holistic, long term, broad view of rebuilding Everton.

In honesty he is going to be a continuation of the good and the bad we have had before. Usmanov/Moshiri will provide him the funds he wants, and he will happily spend them, with seemingly neither really worrying about what happens if/when the funds run out.

How he utilises the Evertonian's around him, but there has been some chat about David Weir coming back as well. It's the sort of thing I can see him doing.
What you hear about weir coming back i kno he has had some coaching jobs

At Inter he asked for certain players and was turned down. They had an old squad full of prima Donna's which needed a reboot. If I remember correctly they were 6th when he was sacked with 1 or 2 games in hand. Interestingly enough until this season, they hadn't won anything. Which actually proved Rafael right.
Two things.
1. The Inter team that he was so right about needing a reboot had just won the treble, yet your contention is that they immediately became past it between May and August of the same year. Talk about rewriting history.
2. We have a squad full of old prima donnas (Sigurdsson, Delph, James, Tosun etc..) and he is likely to be turned down by Brands for certain players, does that mean we can expect him to fail here too? If so, why should we hire him? We are more of a project than Inter were. He hasn't been successful at a mid-table club since his days at Valencia and even they were in a better position than we are now. What in his record provides any evidence that he would achieve any kind of success here?

Lampard shouts are truly bizarre. He was only motivated at Chelsea because it’s his club. He was only motivated at Derby because he wanted the Chelsea job so much. I don’t think he’ll be a manager for much longer, destined for a full time punditry career.
He was my first choice. Still is.

Has he done much punditry since his sacking?

I think Lampard would be a good choice, although I learned very quickly that I am very much in the minority on that lol
Same here.

He just gets laughed off but I haven't seen anybody give a valid good reason why he wouldn't suit us. Prolific posting in here though and I haven't read half of them

Status
Not open for further replies.