New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we keep pushing Moyes a bit please. It will help him grab a few extra millions out of the wHammers on his new contract, so they will have less to spend on players.
*taps nose*

Marco Silva was before Brands (really). Was boxed off long before Brands was here. Allardyce, (Steve Walsh's pick) was a interim while we waited for Silva.

Ancelotti - sure, he's a bit hollywood/ticks the Moshiri box but there's nothing whatsoever to suggest that wasn't Brands.

I keep sharing quotes with regards to Brands, so won't again - but he's on the board responsible for entire football strategy. No manager comes in without Brands wanting it.

I imagine with the Ancelotti appointment Brands had someone lined up and then Moshiri said "we can get Ancelotti" to which Brands said "Oh, yeah OK then". Nobody was knocking that back at the time.

Nuno finished like 14th with an immensely expensive squad last season, Howe got Bournemouth relegated, Moyes has had one good season in about 8 years, Benitez called us tinpot, and there’s not a chance in hell Conte would come here.

I’m not suggesting we actually bring Martinez back, I’m just saying that he’s better than the line up of crabs we have in consideration

On the flipside, Rangnick, Favre, Fonseca and Sarri are literally all sitting around without jobs so ‍

But is Gallardo pitting his tactical nous against Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Tuchel etc? No its blokes who are probably the Argentine equivalent of the Duck and Dogs head coach.

Thats the problem when people say "x,y,z has just won the Ecuadorian 2nd division title at age 21 playing electric football" he may well be good but its a completely different level of competition and its very risky for a club like us to take a chance when we have gone through managers quicker than ASDA have toilet rolls during lockdown.

Would rather let someone like WBA or Brighton take a punt and if they do well here steal em quick like Spurs did with Poch at Southampton.

Just because you don't know a league doesn't make it a farmers league...

I agree it's risky but the standard isn't bad there, it's just... "different".

This is gonna set us back another 2/3 years. Tired of all these managerial changes now. Is it asking too much for us to just get it right for once? Just hurry up and let’s get Steve McLaren in, get it over and done with.
How.? We finished 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back