New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a hard case alright. Hopefully he gets the job done here and can afford to start ripping the backroom apart and installing professionals and not ex Everton players.
It will be interesting to see someone more dispassionate.
We have lived on past glories for far too long.
Out of interest mate, what do you think his reaction will be? In what way will he not put up with crud performances?
I have read that he is very cutting. The players tff he at he doesn’t want will be training in their own. He won’t include them in the group.

Yeah, when he'd left the cult, apparently Paisley took umbrage at him trying to "offer his advice" and wanting a seat on the board.
But he started the entitled status of the rs while he was manager.
Footie was different back then....personally I don't konw what went on within the walls of the rs but it's well documented that he wasn't welcome anywhere near the pit or their training ground so he asked if he would be welcome at Bellefield and come in and have a cup of tea and enjoy being around footballers and the banter etc.

The problem that he'll have if he wants to be a disciplinarian, beyond the obvious observation that these millionaire loafers don't care as long as they keep getting paid, is that the players know that the crowd won't give Benitez any cover, they're not going to be on his side. So, if he drops a player, for example, and the team loses, the player can mouth off on Twitter or via his agent and a proportion of the fans will support the player over the manager. It's just a terrible appointment for a dozen different reasons not just the "small club" meme that all the Benitez fans have latched on to as the "only" reason people like me don't want him. I can't see a scenario where he succeeds here. He'll always be three bad results away from mutiny in the stands.
I just want to see some consistency and a pattern in decision making. Fans can see through a manager quick enough. We can't expect nor will we get perfection but it will do me if he is trying to do the right things almost all of the time.

The issue is the first few weeks and months. Simeone or Conte would struggle in this job, so he will have to do something well above ordinary to keep his head above water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back