New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has proved to be a club that fails to listen early enough to its own fans and as a consequences makes big mistakes. At least it is consistent.
I've no idea how close they were to appointing Moyes in Dec 19, but the press seemed to think it was a shoo-in.

Than at Utd away Moshiri was going back to his car with hundreds of Blues shouting "No Moyes" at him.

If he listened to them, you could sort of see how he might think "I'm not listening to them again. The one they hated finished 6th"

I think both Moyes then, or Benitez now, would/will both be terrible appointments. Just saying you can see why Moshiri might not want to listen to the fans.

You hide it well.
83a757cafa45e74ffd4cffbb2482fca2.webp

We're talking about expectations not dreams. It's a subtle difference where I see some improvement and you score the winning goal to clinch the title before riding around the city on your blue unicorn showing off the trophy.

As a club, we always went into a competition, league or cup, expecting to win...Moyes and his knife to a gunfight lowered expectations for a generation of Evertonians. I happen to be of the ilk that always expected success, and we did. So before you have a go at those of us who have seen 4 titles and numerous cups, we are a big club, who should be winning things, and not looking to get above 8th which is absolute failure...,,and you can shove your blue unicorn up your arse.....

That's some specific 'what if' though isn't it haha

What if we're bottom six before the Derby and they beat us.... Will people get behind him
I didn't ask that
If he gets rid of Iwobi , he can marry my sister .
I don't have a sister but mine too
If he gets rid of Gilfy as well, he can marry my wife.
If he's got the balls to take this job he's got the balls to take my missus so join the queue
Hahahaha dream on!! He'll be gone within a year...
A year? It's not just me dreaming here
The reason most people aren’t behind him, likely isn’t because of who he managed or what he said in the past.

It’s because he hasn’t done anything in over a decade that suggests we should even be considering him as a manager.

I reckon a lot of people will be happy to eat humble pie if he comes in and does well, myself included. A successful manager means a successful Everton.

But people will also be happy to watch it blow up in his face so we can point fingers at the inevitability the majority of us called and say “see, I told you this would happen”. Because at the end of the day, being right on the internet is what really matters.
This.

Out of interest mate, when are you thinking about that he had the right guys for attacking football and played it?
And do you think our squad would encourage him to play attacking football?
We were safe with several games to play. At that point he had the opportunity to show he could get his team to play something other than the turgid 10 men behind the ball and hope to score from a corner. But he couldn't, hence Moshiri giving him his marching orders.

Its a win win. We either get to crucify a kopite like we've never done before. Or he can actually do well with us maybe win a derby and we get to convert thier hero into a blue. In front of thier helpless eyes. I think winning us over he will consider as the biggest achievement in his career.
tbh mate I'm looking for our next manager to be more than winning a derby...I'm looking for our next manager to win trophies and dominate the vast expanse of Goodison Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back