New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why I'm just so over this club. Moshiri HAS to know that we can't continue to do what hasn't worked. He absolutely has to take a massive step back. He won't tho. We keep going after PREMIER LEAGUE EXPERIENCE nothing managers. I don't hate Nuno, it's just that he's not what we need. But we all know Moshiri won't take that step back and let us try to do what he said he wanted to do when he came here. It's absolutely madness and we keep putting ourselves in to bigger and bigger peril. We have like 90% wages to turnover ratio. That was unsustainable 25% ago ffs.
It’s insane, he wanted Brands didn’t get him, gets a no Mark gives him a shed load of money and let him buy a really imbalanced team, then when he finally gets Brands he gives him no power and buys players over his head.

What is Brands actual role? He doesn’t run the academy, he doesn’t pick the manager, he hasn’t been able to implant a style and the owner keeps buying crap players against Brands will. Why did he sign a new contract I really don’t no

Moyes will be linked to Everton as long as Kenwright is still on the board in any capacity.

On a side note, he gotta go.
It’s an easy story for bad writers to come up with. Doesn’t necessarily mean there’s anything to it. (Doesn’t mean there isn’t either… but by and large the stories that come out in the few days after a manager leaves are 95% jarg)

Whoever the manager is needs to have fast athletic players for us to compete and they need to play fast football with good pressing. Not the ultra defensive [Poor language removed] we’ve had last season.
That would require a new midfield/wingers and CBs

You are getting Nuno and you will like it you delusional weapon.

Poch, Konte.

Just cause we were miraculously lucky enough for a great like Carlo to piss on us doesn't give us the right to even dream about them managers coming here.
Yep there a few of them who be happy. Bet Carlo said I’ll stay at Everton then looked in here and seen a Should Carlo be sacked thread and though bugger them.

we are getting a massive downgrade whoever it is

You are getting Nuno and you will like it you delusional weapon.

Poch, Konte.

Just cause we were miraculously lucky enough for a great like Carlo to piss on us doesn't give us the right to even dream about them managers coming here.

Who is Konte?

I can't see Moyes or Potter owing to them being in contract. After the Silva debarcle I can't see us opting to buy someone out of a contract when theres 4-5 other similar options currently unemployed.

The question becomes what are we looking to achieve. There's a floor vs ceiling argument when it comes to managers, managers like Moyes or Nuno offer a floor of almost certainly being able to keep us competitive but no ceiling above a battle for 6th to 10th place whereas a younger, progressive but untested manager could offer us a ceiling of a possible top 4 if it works but a floor of a relegation scrap if it doesn't.

I agree, I hate all that “he gets us” rubbish as well “he knows the club” this type of garbage is why our squad sucks, our academy is full of has been coaches and our attacking coach is a bang average striker who was more likely to get sent of then score a goal
It’s the kind of Roy of the Rovers stuff we all WANT to believe when we’re kids. Of course, for those of us of certain ages we even had it with Kendall, briefly with Royle, etc, but it just doesn’t work that way anymore.

Lampard, Arteta, Bilic and Shearer all spring to mind as fairly recent examples of it not working. Probably only scratching the surface.

People's expectations are way too high here. We arent getting poch or conte. We just got ditched in embarrassing fashion by Ancelotti and are the butt of the joke.

Get behind whoever it is because they will need all the help they can get. Whoever we appoint will be underwhelming so we need to suck it up and accept this is going to take time.

I have no idea who the right manager for Everton is. I dont think anyone truly does know. Does the right manager even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back