New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who gets the job will likely have to endure an ugly transitional period.

Either they'll be able for it, they'll buckle under it, or they'll leg it if they have a better option.

That's what I'm not particularly bothered about a "big" name.

This time above all others we need the right fit and the right name.

We will probably only stumble upon that person by chance though. We don't seem to have a process and so it's not particularly surprising the way things have fared.

I'm all for a worthy candidate being given the chance to move us onwards and upwards, but can anybody explain what Potter has done that even gets him talked about in relation to our vacancy?
Just about keeping Brighton up is hardly an earth-shattering achievement.
He has done amazing in Sweden, did a good job at Swansea and he got Brighton playing good football...they were perhaps a bit unlucky at times...

"If I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players...I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well. The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say 'Yes or no', it's as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question. All we can do is do our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I'm sure he'll get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I think I've signed every player at Everton. I know exactly how they work" - David Moyes, 23rd August 2013.

Never forgive or forget what this vile creature said about Everton or how he acted.

"If I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players...I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well. The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say 'Yes or no', it's as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question. All we can do is do our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I'm sure he'll get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I think I've signed every player at Everton. I know exactly how they work" - David Moyes, 23rd August 2013.

Never forgive or forget what this vile creature said about Everton or how he acted.

Neither will I Dave, which is why I do not want him.

Never David.

I hope he gets knocked out of Europa by Rotor Volgograd

I think there are comparisons with Martinez alright. He came to us having took Wigan down but won the FA Cup. Potter seems to me to be more of a straight line manager, he wouldn't be giving us the phenomenal spiel for sure. I like them both, I think Potter could be progressive whilst bring pragmatic.

It carries risk, all appointments will for us. My concern would be that he would be possibly more deadbeat than we'd need, and so possibly a bit dull and academic, but I haven't seen a lot of him in interviews etc. I like his CV though and what I've seen and read of him.

He just reminds me a lot of Martinez on and off the field. What he did at Östersunds, on the field and off it.

But it’s as you say, it’s a bit “dull”, and that’s my concern, we’ve gone from Ancelotti to another project snd a significantly smaller name.

My other concern, he’s hyped everywhere across the media, and by fans for his positive attitude, but is that because he’s English? Or is it because they actual mean it?

He’s built a team who believe in his philosophy, and has a great partnership with Dan Ashworth, but he’d come here and have a side who he needs to motivate, for the first time in his career... can he do that?

It’s that last bit that gets me angry

Status
Not open for further replies.