New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't really a major disrespect. It was a minor off the cuff remark while he was coaching our main rivals and we had frustrated him with a 0-0 draw.

I really don't understand why people still get themselves so worked up over trivial matters like this
I don’t want Rafael, but not because of that comment. Any way we were playing like a small minded club that day, just like we have on many of those days. There, I said it.

We’ve won the league more times than Chelsea and City combined IIRC.

that, IMO, means we’re not a ‘small club’. He also said it when we’re were right with them in the league as a way to denigrate our standing at that time. That’s why it irks.
Past history is great to the club and its own fans, how many people in this country, Europe , South America look on Everton as a big club, we technically are a small club in the grand scheme of things were not eating off the same table at present as the bigger clubs that are still winning trophies and have done so since our last one 26 years ago

It wasn't really a major disrespect. It was a minor off the cuff remark while he was coaching our main rivals and we had frustrated him with a 0-0 draw.

I really don't understand why people still get themselves so worked up over trivial matters like this
Not worked up. I don’t want a manager that acts like a spoilt child after a draw, and as a result of said child starts having a tantrum and goes name calling, which is effectually what happened.

No, but he did spend nearly 30 mil in the winter including, bringing in Pazzini.

Inter were 5th with 1 or 2 games in hand when Rafael was sacked.

I seem to recall Leonardo got absolutely humiliated in the Champions league.

Yeah OK Leonardo helped win the Coppa Italia. Rafael had won the SuperCoppa Italiana and the Club World Cup earlier on in the season.

Why didn't Inter keep Leonardo on the following season?

They ended up going through 4 different managers the following season. They were a club in turmoil, but hey let's blame Rafael.
He resigned.

Past history is great to the club and its own fans, how many people in this country, Europe , South America look on Everton as a big club, we technically are a small club in the grand scheme of things were not eating off the same table at present as the bigger clubs that are still winning trophies and have done so since our last one 26 years ago
You think Spurs are a big club? Arsenal? What have they won recently?

Inappropriate Language
If you read back, most don't actually care about the small club comment, yet posters are still flogging everyone with it.

People care that he is a past it manager that plays awful negative football.
I just want a manager in place right now because in 3 weeks the players are back and we need a load of players in place for the first game of the season. I get Rafael has past with us but then football is not a normal narrative is it. The fact he wants to manage us knowing the depth of feeling of Everton fans will be ok with me as long as we progress this season, the team is what matters and if we keep going about with a mob mentality against his appointment especially from what I'm reading in here then I fear were we are going to end up this time next year which is frightening.

The fact people are behind martinez returning is totally unbelievable and if this is simply to go against a manager despite opinions who has a decent track record then I don't want to associate myself as an evertonian with those opinions. I for one can move on from the fact he called us a small club and managed the RS as long as he delivers for us, after all people lorded Ancelotti who simply [Poor language removed] on us so nothing in football is ever 100% loyal and straightforward. We simply cannot go another week without appointing someone. Everyone holds there right to have an opinion, I just hope we can get to some common ground and move forward ASAP

No, but he did spend nearly 30 mil in the winter including, bringing in Pazzini.

Inter were 5th with 1 or 2 games in hand when Rafael was sacked.

I seem to recall Leonardo got absolutely humiliated in the Champions league.

Yeah OK Leonardo helped win the Coppa Italia. Rafael had won the SuperCoppa Italiana and the Club World Cup earlier on in the season.

Why didn't Inter keep Leonardo on the following season?

They ended up going through 4 different managers the following season. They were a club in turmoil, but hey let's blame Rafael.

Leonardo resigned, I am not sticking up for Leonardo, merely pointing out that managed to get a tune out of the players the Benitez was clearly struggling with.

Ha, comparing the SuperCoppa and the CWC to an actual trophy, they are glorified friendly matches. Scraping the barrel there

Status
Not open for further replies.