New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't know. But fairly sure other Architects would've been considered. Could even have been a design competition, which may explain why @The Esk has mentioned the existence of models way before models would traditionally of been created.

If that's the case though, wouldn't there be a "winning design"? And then you consider that at the time of tendering, the architects tendering for the work wouldn't know if they were designing for a landlocked or waterfront stadium, pretty key I should think with the Docks unique challenge. Arguably - and without the proof that still eludes everyone - they still do not know which area they would be building the stadium on.

Dunno. I don't think this is anything more than an expensive scoping exercise at present

Meis Studios had involvement in the Staples Centre, which is the worlds highest earning arena, as well as one of the most technologically advanced. I'm fairly confident that this will partly be behind the reasons he won the tender for this project. Moshiri has mentioned on numerous occasions our need to increase income, making the stadium work for us has potential to be a huge part of that.

I love the thought of going to a bar or a restaurant or maybe a concert knowing that money is going towards the club, this would top it off for me this.

If that's the case though, wouldn't there be a "winning design"? And then you consider that at the time of tendering, the architects tendering for the work wouldn't know if they were designing for a landlocked or waterfront stadium, pretty key I should think with the Docks unique challenge. Arguably - and without the proof that still eludes everyone - they still do not know which area they would be building the stadium on.

Dunno. I don't think this is anything more than an expensive scoping exercise at present

Not necessarily. The 'winning' design could lead to specifying the Architect, the tender part would then be much later in the day when considering consultants and then later contractors. That is if it was a design, or tender, or commission.... I don't know, point still stands though, regardless of how they've been brought on board, the studios experience and ethos will be central to any of the methods of appointment.

They haven't just been looking at the docks for the last few months, they have had consideration of them for much of Moshiris process in looking to purchase the club.

Meis Studios had involvement in the Staples Centre, which is the worlds highest earning arena, as well as one of the most technologically advanced. I'm fairly confident that this will partly be behind the reasons he won the tender for this project. Moshiri has mentioned on numerous occasions our need to increase income, making the stadium work for us has potential to be a huge part of that.

This is one reason it willbe on the docks, at SC it wold be nothing more then a ground but down the eocks there is a lot of potential for none match day income, something that will also please Peel

I don't know if any of you saw the piece on Everton on SKY sports at about 2pm.
It was to do with Zcars, pointing out that Watford also run out to the same tune.

However, what was really interesting was that SKY were showing pictures of BM docks as they were presenting the piece.

I don't know if any of you saw the piece on Everton on SKY sports at about 2pm.
It was to do with Zcars, pointing out that Watford also run out to the same tune.

However, what was really interesting was that SKY were showing pictures of BM docks as they were presenting the piece.

Gutted switched tv off at 1

Whats your problem? Is this not a forum for people to discuss their ideas and thoughts? With this particular thread for discussions on a potential new stadium for the club, people have the right to put across those ideas and thoughts without somebody like yourself being so dismissive while in no way adding anything constructive or of value to the conversation.

@The Cowboy thoughts on the stadium are in fact very valid and have a basis in the ideas of Dan Meis and how he sees future stadium developments. He has spoke at length about flexible stadia and the need for full integration of a sports stadium in it surroundings and making the best of extended use, through a number of different formats.
Think he was just having a joke? no point in this thread being ultra serious as eff all has happened yet.

I don't know. But fairly sure other Architects would've been considered. Could even have been a design competition, which may explain why @The Esk has mentioned the existence of models way before models would traditionally of been created.

Don't know why but this just conjured up thoughts of that only fools and horses episode when Rodney won the under 11s painting competition to win a holidaylol, anyway brick stadium with big windows around the concourse looking on the Mersey and the city centre for me ;)