New Everton Stadium

Why waste time and money on studies only to not listen to them and go off a higher capacity?

They know that the bigger the better for the ransacked, the know that nobody would want a 50k stadium, yet still base their studies off a 50k capacity.

They used the 50000 figure as a conservative base cost. It means nothing. The capacity will be higher. It was gonna be 55,000 at Kirkby.

40k 50k 60k I don't care, new stadia with land around are built with expansion in mind. It's pointless over building if it's not going to be filled. In 10 years when we are champions of the world then we can look at increasing capacity.

People get far to carried away with details, we're on the up, on the front foot and things are looking bright for once

COYB

Where are people getting the information that we will own the ground after 40 years?

All the info I've seen says we have an option to take on the lease after 40 years, that doesn't mean we would own the stadium?

What am I missing here?

Anyone think USM could be the one pumping money into the SPV? They're essentially giving the Council money so their would be no rule breaking. Add in that you'd imagine Moshiri would use Usmanovs steel company to provide the materials. Alisher would be benefitting greatly from Evertons new Stadium.

Where are people getting the information that we will own the ground after 40 years?

All the info I've seen says we have an option to take on the lease after 40 years, that doesn't mean we would own the stadium?

What am I missing here?

The club would acquire the remaining leasehold of the stadium

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk...Everton FC New Stadium - Deal Terms RTC45.pdf

The Funder will have the benefit of a lease to a new Council created Special Purpose Vehicle company, which will then sub lease the Stadium to EFC for 40 years. At the end of the 40 year term, EFC will have an option to acquire the leasehold interest in the Stadium.

Now who that 'Funder' is, in my opinion is the crucial piece of the puzzle.

Anyone think USM could be the one pumping money into the SPV? They're essentially giving the Council money so their would be no rule breaking. Add in that you'd imagine Moshiri would use Usmanovs steel company to provide the materials. Alisher would be benefitting greatly from Evertons new Stadium.

I think a few have made that leap mate.

All the major news outlets going with the 50,000 capacity.
That would put us below: Man Utd, Tottenham, Man City, West Ham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Utterly pathetic. The club need a serious re-think on th capacity.

All in all, I'm a bit underwhelmed.
Remember that 50,000 as a definite number didn't come from us as far as anyone knows.

Elstone has said the final capacity is based on fan and stakeholder opinions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back