New Everton Stadium

Indeed. He suggests the new ground will increase the club value by £200-400m, which will make a superb (and quick) return on the investment. Will make a better analysis than some of the naysayers on here, sat in a bedsit with an abacus...
Increase the club value by £200m? If tHat is true then surely we can all see how we've been played. We can see that, can't we?
Now you may say 'if Moshiri makes £200m having sold on the club three years after he bought it without putting a penny in then good luck to him'. Fair enough, I'll be sick though. It would make Gillett and Hicks look like freedom fighters

You think a stadium will cost the £300M debt the club is currently looking at having to pay?

Sorry. Double that and you'll be nearer the final cost.

It may well be more, but how do you know that extra won't be covered up front in someway? Not saying it will be but what's the point in complaining without the full facts?

In a previous post I did some calculations based on 350 million that were easily affordable. (It works out around 9% of income based on the likely income pulled in from extra capacity and naming rights) So that figure could increase to around 400 million and still be ok.

As a funding model it's as safe as it gets. I repeat no sane individual is going to rock up and give the club the best part of half a billion for nothing. The next owner may decide to cover the loan and convert into shares though, depending how inflation shrinks the true value and markets increase personal wealth.

It's ok to have an investigative mind on the situation but it's another entirely stuck concentrating on the 1% of what if. It's like me getting up in the morning one day and deciding there is no point in going on as there is a chance an asteroid may hit Earth and wipe us out.

We need this stadium as a club.

It may well be more, but how do you know that extra won't be covered up front in someway? Not saying it will be but what's the point in complaining without the full facts?

In a previous post I did some calculations based on 350 million that were easily affordable. (It works out around 9% of income based on the likely income pulled in from extra capacity and naming rights) So that figure could increase to around 400 million and still be ok.

As a funding model it's as safe as it gets. I repeat no sane individual is going to rock up and give the club the best part of half a billion for nothing. The next owner may decide to cover the loan and convert into shares though, depending how inflation shrinks the true value and markets increase personal wealth.

It's ok to have an investigative mind on the situation but it's another entirely stuck concentrating on the 1% of what if. It's like me getting up in the morning one day and deciding there is no point in going on as there is a chance an asteroid may hit Earth and wipe us out.

That's where the argument falls to bits, you have to be debating someone who is sane

No it's not. Now the go ahead is given it's all about finances and what owners are prepared to personally risk. The £2,000 put forward in 1892 from someone like Baxter - who was a doctor and who's family owned theatres in Liverpool - would have been a massive amount of his wealth that he was prepared to risk in order to get the move done while handing the club a clean bill of financial health without fear of debt, because he demanded no repayment. Moshiri is risking nothing. Not one penny.
Yep... very clever of him to use his financial acumen. If he'd stumped up all his own money and paid for everything out of his back pocket I'd be more worried that our new owner was a bit of a .... well you know what I mean so I'll say idiot.
All very well with grand gestures but it hardly stacks up to a clever operator who knows the world of high finance (and I don't mean gettin a mortgage like we do)
We haven't been 'run well' for donkeys years as our commercial returns prove.
Who's to say the payments will last 40 years. What if our new status enables us to play in Europe or Champions League most years.. who's to say he won't use part of the extra revenue to pay off the ground quicker like we do with our mortgages. Finally... let's not loose sight of the most important thing... we need this... we've all been waiting for this for years and ... let's give the bloke some credit.. he's not doing it for the whole thing to fail miserably like some people seem to be wishing for. He's doing it so WE succeed!!

Now you may say 'if Moshiri makes £200m having sold on the club three years after he bought it without putting a penny in then good luck to him'. Fair enough, I'll be sick though. It would make Gillett and Hicks look like freedom fighters

If he makes that amount of money from us then he would have deserved it. If someone buys a dilapidated old house taking out a mortgage for it and then restores it, making it desirable to others and sells it for 3 times what was paid for it, how can that be a problem? If someone has the vision and ability to see and execute that opportunity then bully for them.

As long as the team is improving, the business side is generating more money and we have a new home all is fine.

This stadium if built will be minimum £500M. MINIMUM.

If it's not it'll be a shed.

As a funding model it shackles the club's financial resources for decades to the control of external parties.

Look, I know there's a will and desperation to get a stadium done at the docks, but I think it would be advisable for people to look carefully at all possible outcomes here and if some are potentially calamitous the deal should be scuppered. At the moment I see one thing only as it stands: Moshiri is bomb proof but the club is exposed for years after it's built.

3/ the sale of a club with a state of the art, dockside stadium in a world heritage site will make them a massive return on shares bought.

But you've described the funding for the stadium as a millstone that carries a supposed huge risk for the club, so for that to be correct how can he sell the club on for a huge profit with such a risky stadium funding model attached to it? Surely a new buyer would identify this 'millstone' and it'd potentially devalue the club due to the supposed huge risk levels attached to it? :coffee:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back