New Everton Stadium

Didn't a club Chairman once remark that the Everton fans didn't deserve an extra tier on the Park End?

He said there isn't enough plazzy scousers to fill a second tier, and that it's a parody of it's former self. He said it was full of fans who read about it being moody and so try to be that fan, resulting in it becoming contrived. He said that scouse Evertonians wouldn't be seen dead in that League One stand so it's not worth building a second tier.

You have to give some credit to the team behind the new stadium. They put Area 51 to shame when it comes to secrecy!
I'm astonished that more details haven't leaked out by now especially as there must be several different companies and organisations getting involved in putting the details together.

View attachment 41287
A fella I know, has a son in law that works for a company involved, tried to approach the subject, he said "don't ask", it's like he has been threatened with certain death, if he speaks about it, even his dog growls at everyone.

Not sure what all this cryarsing is about, absolutely nothing indicates the funding vehicle via the council was in any way dependent on the Games bid. Every bit of publicly released information and the private snippets indicates that it is still on, so stop panicking until we're told otherwise.
I for one will be waiting patiently, projects such as these take time to get through the bureaucratic roadblocks and process, and there is little point to releasing any specifics before it's all been okayed.

Was that before or after the Games announcement?...and has that left a serious hole in the funding?

The games had nothing to do with it. LCC were planning on bidding for the 2026 games and discussions over the stadium had already begun. It was only due to other circumstances that 2022 became available that the council decided to make a move.

LCC are only acting as a vehicle for the funding, it’s Everton’s and not the councils issue

You have to give some credit to the team behind the new stadium. They put Area 51 to shame when it comes to secrecy!
I'm astonished that more details haven't leaked out by now especially as there must be several different companies and organisations getting involved in putting the details together.

View attachment 41287

And when supposedly some folks have already seen the preliminary stadium plans/drawings

The games had nothing to do with it. LCC were planning on bidding for the 2026 games and discussions over the stadium had already begun. It was only due to other circumstances that 2022 became available that the council decided to make a move.

LCC are only acting as a vehicle for the funding, it's Everton's and not the Council's issue
I don't know whether to be happy or sad based on that and that applies to both parties...it's an Arsenic / Cyanide choice

We all thought they'd publish to placate the poor performances but in reality the stadium is so bad they are waiting for an upturn in performance to sneak it past us. Looks like we'll be waiting for ages then!
This is the worrying aspect. It would be classic Everton to distract from onfield turmoil with some off-field info. The fact there isn't anything on the boil right now speaks volumes.

This is the worrying aspect. It would be classic Everton to distract from onfield turmoil with some off-field info. The fact there isn't anything on the boil right now speaks volumes.

In all honestly, I think they were hoping that we'd start the season well / confirm next round of the Europa League and quietly wind the scheme down.

Now they'll be worried about causing massive fume by combining another failure (and even more public than usual) with the horrible slop on show on the pitch.

In all honestly, I think they were hoping that we'd start the season well / confirm next round of the Europa League and quietly wind the scheme down.

Now they'll be worried about causing massive fume by combining another failure (and even more public than usual) with the horrible slop on show on the pitch.
My heart sank when I read the Everton Shareholders communique. They are a conservative organisation not given to cage rattling and Kenwright et al have bled out info to them first knowing it'd do the rounds. It's not disinformation so much as pacifying non-information, and that combined with the no show of this promised prospectus a few months back has me thinking.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back