New Everton Stadium Discussion

I actually think the website is pretty good.
It's impact as a focal point will become more evident when the exterior build is completed. The guys with the drones have done (and continue to do) a brilliant job, but obviously they will be unable to report on or document the internal build.

Fair enough, my expectations were maybe set a bit high, but there’s a dozen other things I thought could be included at launch. Hopefully it improves and develops over time.

Agree with the drone guys, have been doing a great job.

Only just noticed the design of the trusts over the internal windows are a nod to to the Arcibald Leich Lattice's at Goodison.

1660309530835.png

It was also proposed to have the majority of it sitting above a cooled lake, with bridges for pedestrians, which would help reduce external temperatures at ground level. All concessions etc. were moved into 'cores' joined by link bridges, so that rather than shops/food stalls take space on the concourses, they would use that space as a huge plenum to pass chilled air round between the facade and the stadium, with connections to outlets in the floor near the seats. I think initially it was to be 120k capacity as well.
The roof was double skinned, with cooled air and chilled water pipework to create a 'waterfall' effect of cool air into the bowl.

Madness!

It's a pity they didn't go ahead with it all, it would have been the most magnificent new build stadium in the world.

It'll be significantly bigger. 20k. But I see where you're coming from. I'm preparing myself to be a little underwhelmed with the interior. It's not just this site, but Its the uniformity of almost all new grounds that make them a little meh. The exterior and location should make up for it though.
Agree. I’m sure we’ll all be pleased when the real thing is finished.

Few photos from yesterday from New Brighton prom.

Had to reduce the resolution a bit to upload here.

View attachment 177181
It always amazes me when I see the district of Everton in the background as a semi-rural hillside. That hill-face was once teeming with terraced streets and the most populated district in the city of Liverpool.

Two churches in that photo. St Anthony's on Scotland Road is one; virtual toffee apple for anyone identifying the other...

It always amazes me when I see the district of Everton in the background as a semi-rural hillside. That hill-face was once teeming with terraced streets and the most populated district in the city of Liverpool.

Two churches in that photo. St Anthony's on Scotland Road is one; virtual toffee apple for anyone identifying the other...
Do you mean St.Georges , Heyworth St. ?

St.Mary of the Angels?

The one on Fountains Road? I would imagine that's too low to see though?