New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great viewing. Thanks again to the drone blokes.

Here's a couple of questions for the forum. Firstly, do we know how much longer the steels will be towards the pitch level? I think there's a bit to be added to the bottom so they are at their full length. Only then will we get the full idea of the full height of the north and south stands they are currently working on.

Secondly, do we know what the ground floor of, for example, the north stand will be used for? I think there is hospitality on level 1 and level 2. Is that the case for the ground floor, too?

Thanks

That's my biggest interest now that we've got a good impression of the stand sizes and steepness etc.

The south stand has the smallest concourse space (over hang onto the walkway) so I'm guessing that stand will mainly be access (stairs etc) with a small concourse for both the upper and lower. Good news is it's an all access concourse for all standard seating I believe (for most tiers anyway) according to the floor layout on the plans that where submitted.

Wish I could find where they are, because I want to know if the pic that Meis posted of the North stand concourse is the only area for the north stand? (as it also had an over hang) - but there's plenty of space above it if needed. I noticed some panels on the floor so maybe there will be an area beneath it?

Saw a good question asked on twitter. Will the Home end be to the right on the TV so consistent with Goodison?

A lot has changed since this, but assume media will be the same

bmd-plan-1.jpg

Saw a good question asked on twitter. Will the Home end be to the right on the TV so consistent with Goodison?
Something is going to change as far as TV goes.

Currently, we have home end on the right, tunnel and benches facing, away fans hidden to the left the behind main camera angle.

The new ground won’t allow for all of that.

Commentary positions will be in the West Stand, so I’m guessing the main camera angle will be there, too?

So that means benches will be below the camera. Away fans will be top left (equivalent to where the TV studio is at Goodison between the Main Stand and Park End), but the South Stand - the home end - would be on the right.

Currently, we have home end on the right, tunnel and benches facing, away fans hidden to the left the behind main camera angle.

Commentary positions will be in the West Stand, so I’m guessing the main camera angle will be there, too?

So that means benches will be below the camera. Away fans will be top left (equivalent to where the TV studio is at Goodison between the Main Stand and Park End), but the South Stand - the home end - would be on the right.
Ok that works for me

Again, there is no 'Home End'

There is a home crowd taking up the vast majority of the home stadium and an away section.

There absolutely is a home end, and it’s the South Stand.

It may not accurately describe itself, but that’s the term.
So what would you use to describe the rest of the home fans in the other stands?
If they're not the home end, are they the home sides and the bit behind the other goal end?

There absolutely is a home end, and it’s the South Stand.

It may not accurately describe itself, but that’s the term.
It's an old school thing, back in the day hard core fans,singers, hooligans whatever would be behind one goal (Gwladys St.) away fans behind the other, home end/away end.
Always remember when I was a kid when you could pay in 2 spurs fans asking which was the Everton home end so they could go in the other.
Hooligan firms back then tried to take each others "ends"