New Everton Stadium

I know Spurs stadium has more bells and whistles than BMD will have but the nearer we get to completion the more I think our stadium looks far better and far more iconic that NWHL, which is really just a big old bowl looking thing from the outside.
Not just Spurs either, the job Meis has done to incorporate elements of the old docks styling with the modern features like the roof ‘floating’ above really do make it stand out from most stadiums in the UK while keeping the feeling of a football ground imho.

I know Spurs stadium has more bells and whistles than BMD will have but the nearer we get to completion the more I think our stadium looks far better and far more iconic that NWHL, which is really just a big old bowl looking thing from the outside.
Not just Spurs either, the job Meis has done to incorporate elements of the old docks styling with the modern features like the roof ‘floating’ above really do make it stand out from most stadiums in the UK while keeping the feeling of a football ground imho.

Havnt a clue what it looks like from outside.

Imho the interior bowl design and fit and finish makes theirs a better stadium but ours does look better from the outside.

Obviously everyone has different tastes though and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd actually rather not compare to other stadiums and just be happy we have something that is noteworthy and in the running for tournaments etc.

Imho the interior bowl design and fit and finish makes theirs a better stadium but ours does look better from the outside.

Obviously everyone has different tastes though and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd actually rather not compare to other stadiums and just be happy we have something that is noteworthy and in the running for tournaments etc.
Having been to Spurs new stadium and inside BMD, ours already has a more enclosed, intimate feel too it.

Spurs stadium is very impressive but there’s definitely an NFL feel to it whilst ours will be a proper, modern stadium that has an almost old school feel to it.

I like the comparison Meis used - “Spurs built a Bentley whilst we’ll be building a Ferrari”

images (4).webp
from above some say it looks like a toilet seat 🤣

What seat number to the nearest 10? The picture I posted in this thread just before the Bournemouth game was seat 5 in MS1. Row BB so mine was 18 rows further back, depending what seat you are to how much further to the right(most likely) you are.

I saw your pic, thanks for that. My mistake I'm actually JJ, so I'm a few rows behind. I'm slightly nearer the aisle /steps, so might be able to see a bit more of the goal.....probably not.
We're making a bit of a day of it and having first up close look at the new stadium before the game. Looking forward to that just as much tbh! Might even have a swift pint opposite.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back