New Everton Stadium

Do you (or anyone else) know what the walls he talks about around 10 minutes in are for? Surely they can’t be permanent as you wouldn’t be able to see most of the pitch.
There are 2 diagonal rising walls between the lower South and lower East and West terraces, right on the join. They are there because of the difference in rake of the 2 stands and people seem to think it will be obstructed view, but as far as i can tell, they are both behind the goal line, so should not be an issue. If anything, it might stop a few people being able to see the south stand, but wont obstruct the pitch.

There are 2 diagonal rising walls between the lower South and lower East and West terraces, right on the join. They are there because of the difference in rake of the 2 stands and people seem to think it will be obstructed vuew, but as far as i can tell, they are both behind the goal line, so should not be an issue. If anything, it might stop a few people being able to see the south stand, but wont obstruct the pitch.
Yes, I couldn’t understand the restricted view shouts.

It may well restrict your view of adjacent stands, but Jesus Christ after coming from Pillarsville L4, I can’t understand why anyone would mind that inconsequential inconvenience!

Do you (or anyone else) know what the walls he talks about around 10 minutes in are for? Surely they can’t be permanent as you wouldn’t be able to see most of the pitch.

As others have said it should be okay. They have put the steps right next to the wall, so that pushes the seats away by that much and opens the angle out.

Last edited:
As others have said it should be okay, they have put the steps right next to the wall, so that pushes the seats out by that much and opens the angle out.
I’m not going to question the architects as they are experts and I’m just someone watching a YouTube video. But they do look high which is why is asked the question. Bloody hell I sound like the guy that didn’t think the pitch would fit

1700770080191.jpeg

1700770099134.jpeg

I’m not going to question the architects as they are experts and I’m just someone watching a YouTube video. But they do look high which is why is asked the question. Bloody hell I sound like the guy that didn’t think the pitch would fit

View attachment 236382

View attachment 236383
Those walls do get high, but a lot of grounds do that.

I seem to remember watching Everton at Boro and the home fans looming over us from one side.

View attachment 236382

View attachment 236383

It's fairly high as by the top they've effectively had to bridge the upper and lower tiers where it is just a single in the South. It's not quite a storey as the super riser brings it down a bit and it's a tiny bit lower anyhow, but still if that hospitality section between the stands is 10 odd feet you are still going to have a 5 or 6 foot drop or rise depending which side you are on.

There are 2 diagonal rising walls between the lower South and lower East and West terraces, right on the join. They are there because of the difference in rake of the 2 stands and people seem to think it will be obstructed view, but as far as i can tell, they are both behind the goal line, so should not be an issue. If anything, it might stop a few people being able to see the south stand, but wont obstruct the pitch.

I bow down to LoR - but in my head that's the point where it's an obstructed view. Because it's behind the goal line in that up corner on the east & west stands therefore they won't be able to see the goal. Kinda like having to angle your head to get around a post at Goodison. I'm sure it'll fine!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back