New Everton Stadium Discussion

That line you've drawn on the section is wrong. It doesn't tally up with the Architectural section below.

You can see that the person seated on the row in front of the wall (below the wheelchair), their head is already above the top of it when seated. Therefore, anyone sat on the first row behind the line of the wall their head would be higher still and would have a clear view of the pitch.

View attachment 246590

You can't really say that their view would be blocked by someone in a wheelchair because we don't yet know if anyone would be sat that close to the end of the platform.

Yes, there will be a barrier around the edge but this should be glazed to match the others around the vomitories.
Nobody asking the obvious questions... Can this happen?

The only way to sort this mate is for Everton to invite me and you to the stadium and you sit in the northern corner and I'll sit in the North Eastern corner.

I'm pretty confident that me and you are correct on our assumption that whoever sits on those seats are going to have a restricted view. I'm now also confident though that what others have said is also correct (they won't be used or will be for stewards). It just seemed strange to me that they put a seat there and I was expecting a gap.

I remember a few months ago someone posted a pic from the other obstructed bit where someone had put an Everton sticker on the ceiling. Someone even posted "wouldn't be happy if that was my view" and I remember thinking "I hope they don't put seats in that corner up against the corporate wall"

Agreed, I'll write them a letter! :D Screw these seats though, I'd be more interested in the ones closest to the South Stand raised wall.

Even with the steps there I'm dubious if you'll be able to see the corner flag on the other side. I can't say with any certainty like I can with these in the away section though, as it might be okay.

People need to note that we are not criticising/attacking the stadium. It's just a quirk. It's a very small number of seats that might have issues seeing a very small percentage of the pitch.

bored-cat.gif

Agreed, I'll write them a letter! :D Screw these seats though, I'd be more interested in the ones closest to the South Stand raised wall.

Even with the steps there I'm dubious if you'll be able to see the corner flag on the other side. I can't say with any certainty like I can with these in the away section though, as it might be okay.

People need to note that we are not criticising/attacking the stadium. It's just a quirk. It's a very small number of seats that might have issues seeing a very small percentage of the pitch.

Yep true, once we've been in the North stand, we'll go and check those seats by the wall as well as you know I've mentioned that previously as well lol

We know the accessible structure is at least 3 rows wide, looking at the picture where I've drawn the outline, if we call these rows A,B,C and D. B can probably lean forward and see, definitely when standing. C and D have their sightlines interrupted and that's pretty obvious when anyone who's ever sat at a stadium knows someone with a large hat in front can block out some of the closest areas of the pitch.

View attachment 246587

This might be ok when they stand up, like others have said they might not use these seats for paying customers. But they chose to stick seats there, which would create a restricted view for these closest to the platform.

Here is another showing a wheelchair user on it, which will further block the view when looking across to the NW corner and of course it will need some kind of glass fencing to stop people just falling off, which will add further issues to the view.

View attachment 246588

Apologies for not posting much, maybe I will from now on. I normally observe this and skyscraper and watch the brilliant drone videos from the poster on here.

Maybe I’m missing something but you’re over evaluation is wrong according to engineers and project managers I know.