New Everton Stadium Discussion

It’s all about total revenue.

I imagine you get more paying punters per square metre with our approach than you do with old style boxes. The cost is also divisible to the individual level, rather than a single entity having to foot the bill for a whole box.

They have put so much thought into this stadium.

They hired experts to run the numbers, and I trust those over what’s scribbled together by the average fan.

The point is, the space for boxes is already there, between the tiers.... the 2 rows of seats in front would then belong to those boxes, be slightly raised and would sell for £10k-20k+ per seat per season instead of £2-3k as corporate-lite tkts. That's largely how the 2 big London Stadia were sustainably funded.

As far as experts crunching numbers go, I assume all clubs have done similar.... but none have opted for just 22boxes. Let's face it, our number crunchers don't appear to have covered themselves in glory over the past few years.

The point is, the space for boxes is already there, between the tiers.... the 2 rows of seats in front would then belong to those boxes, be slightly raised and would sell for £10k-20k+ per seat per season instead of £2-3k as corporate-lite tkts. That's largely how the 2 big London Stadia were sustainably funded.

As far as experts crunching numbers go, I assume all clubs have done similar.... but none have opted for just 22boxes. Let's face it, our number crunchers don't appear to have covered themselves in glory over the past few years.

Who's going to buy those seats?

Everything related to the stadium project - bar the financing which is a separate concern beyond the remit of the stadium team - has been impeccable.

I’ll take their conclusions over yours.

I’m afraid to say Tom, despite his informative posts and experience has found something else to attack the stadium with - despite evidence from internal and external sources.

No one likes boxes anymore.

Dunno mate what bit of a difference in what they plannned to what they built

That makes it sound like they had a plan for a 4 bedroom house and then somehow built a 3 bedroom one! :D

The initial designs were just that, they were superseded by what was actually affordable and deliverable. It looks pretty much like what it was supposed to be if you ask me.

That makes it sound like they had a plan for a 4 bedroom house and then somehow built a 3 bedroom one! :D

The initial designs were just that, they were superseded by what was actually affordable and deliverable. It looks pretty much like what it was supposed to be if you ask me.
the plans what they where using to compare the stands to the lop etc where bigger than what got built

S
Nonsense.... Spurs Stadium is only a few years old and has 80 large boxes. They have whole corporate tiers with supporting lounge space on several levels too.
Good job we didn't go for a big fancy stadium with loads of top end boxes for circa 100k a season considering the mess we've gotten ourselves into building a shîtty little shed next to a timber yard and a turd factory that nobody will be able to get to or home from because there's no way to get there due to the complete lack of buses n stuff.

Don't know why we bothered

I’m afraid to say Tom, despite his informative posts and experience has found something else to attack the stadium with - despite evidence from internal and external sources.

Not at all.... if you look back to my original posts regards any reservations I had, you will see that I questioned the low number of boxes from the very start. I even raised it at the consultation stages that the EFCSA took part in. Hardly a major attack.... a simple observation based on basic comparisons with other clubs.

Arsenal and Spurs had no problems raising finance via major financial institutions.... because amongst other things, their income projections included large numbers of very high-earning corporate boxes and whole corporate tiers.

In recent pages, some people have questioned the lack of use of space at the south stand, plus the prospect of elevated general admission prices too. Most of this will probably be due to the costs outstripping the projected income.

Everton would have built more boxes if they thought they could sell them. Their research indicated weak demand outside of games vs top 6 as we are not a big pull so took the view that the current chosen mix of corporate offerings was better. We had to work hard for years to sell boxes at Goodison and in the not too distant past some were sold on a per game basis. I hired one a few years ago for a client for a West Ham game.

Kenyon, the Commercial Director, pretty much spelt this out at a breakfast briefing a couple of years ago. When I had a tour of BMD hosted by LoR in October (they are clients) they said that there is an opportunity to retrofit more boxes in the future if demand justified it but for now we are where we are.