New Everton Stadium Discussion

Barrel cladding installation firm (allucraft) appointed an administrator today.

Work was active on the west stand yesterday. Unclear if the administrator will allow them continue finishing the work onsite

As my post earlier mate, I believe Alucraft were doing the glazing and composite cladding panels, not the barrel cladding. Key point there being that those elements are obviously far more progressed and therefore should mean less disruption for us / LOR

What does that mean
Administrator will strip the company down to bare bones, pay as much creditors as possible and search for a new buyer.
Liquidation means that the company will be broken apart, no longer exist and as much debt as possible paid off.
If a company is in administration, it's still functioning at a basic level and definitely trying to fulfill contracts.

At least thats my basic understanding of it.

The material that is adjacent to what looks like a gap within a badly boarded up home.

I'm not sure I believe that's the final design, it looks awful tbh.
It was because they were told the exterior had to be in keeping with the surrounding area (runs away)

View attachment 249294

These gaps that can be seen on the outside of the stadium, they aren't part of the design are they? They will eventually be filled in, right? Because they look ridiculous imo.
yup, they are perforated metal panels, that's the finished look.
I think it looks good.
Breaks up the massing. I think at night, lighting might shine through at points.
Like most major projects, it's best to wait till you see the finished product before worrying about how it will look.

You’re right but from a visual standpoint, it’s bland. I look at Spurs’ ground , I’m not a big fan of it but I like the interior aesthetic better than ours .

View attachment 249307
The major difference here is that the tops of the stands are curved.
I like the straight clean lines of the BMD interior. It has a Bundes league feel which I like.
BMD has a more industrial feel. Look at the exposed roof structure.
When it's full and all the finishing touches have been completed, I think it'll look great.
Look how shallow that spurs stand in the foreground is. BMD will be more atmospheric than this.

Also spurs stadium looks like a toilet seat from an arial view. Once you see it, you cant un see it :)

Let's knock that one right on the head for starters. Although apologies if people have massive cataracts and can only make out blue seating, then you might have a point.

View attachment 249314

It is how it is going to be...

View attachment 249315

Thanks. God knows what I was thinking of. The only difference is you cant see the pattern in the brick at all on any of the videos. Those pictures make it look clear.

There are some mind bogglingly bad takes in here last couple of pages

It’s just an opinion mate, I’ve complimented the stadium exterior

You forget this is a fan base that had people backing a man who was willing to take us to Kirby to build a dreadful oversized shopping centre with a footy pitch in the middle

Thanks. God knows what I was thinking of. The only difference is you cant see the pattern in the brick at all on any of the videos. Those pictures make it look clear.

It is only really visible on a couple of panels at the moment. Whether that's because it is clean and the others are dirty or it will be added afterwards who knows. To be honest I'm happy it is so faint. Such blatant nods to the past is why we have been stuck in dark ages. I like the benches that have the crosses on, there will be fencing that have them on, all for the subtle stuff. I don't see why we need huge ones painted on the side of the stadium.

There are some mind bogglingly bad takes in here last couple of pages

I think people are allowed opinions, on how they feel but some appear to moaning for the sake of moaning. I prefer the inside of Spurs' stadium as I think that is what a superstadium should look like. However ours is not in that category and has been built to be compact and intimidating.

People calling it bland or unoriginal are missing the point. It's a bowl full of seats, there is only so many ways of doing that and with so many stadiums around the world of course you will see similarities. As @tommye has pointed out today, each stand is different from each other, there is a huge window that will provide great visuals of looking in from outside, the steep stands, all make it unique against other UK stadiums.

Soulless bowl filled with the occasional boo.

And because we have no cash the internal fit out is basically going to be garbage.

But it'll look great in the Championship so there is that.