New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think the perforated panels don’t allow for anything to be attached, holes too small maybe? These new panels look like they have space to attach metal fixings or something similar.
Fairly certain there's things called nuts and bolts that allow things to be fixed to other things through holes.
I may be mistaken.

Won't be popular this but after seeing the other side of the park yesterday, I think the first ever game at BM should be something similar.

Everton Legends Vs someone, give some of our greatest even a few minutes to sprinkle some of the old magic into the new ground.

Even if the likes of Nev etc only have 5 minutes. There's plenty of players who would be up for it and are still active.

It would be a great day for the fans and no worries about losing as the result doesn't really matter.

Better than playing Barca or something and the first ever game there being an Everton defeat.
I honestly want the first official game there to be Everton vs Everton reserves. You just know if we somehow survive this season and then next, then we move in, they are going to give us Liverpool at home on the first game of the season. They beat us. It’s another thing they laude over us for years to come.

I’ve not seen anything ever about 62k.

Screenshot_20240326_073946_Chrome.jpg

Won't be popular this but after seeing the other side of the park yesterday, I think the first ever game at BM should be something similar.

Everton Legends Vs someone, give some of our greatest even a few minutes to sprinkle some of the old magic into the new ground.

Even if the likes of Nev etc only have 5 minutes. There's plenty of players who would be up for it and are still active.

It would be a great day for the fans and no worries about losing as the result doesn't really matter.

Better than playing Barca or something and the first ever game there being an Everton defeat.

Does anyone ever remember these first games at new stadiums though? I can't recall any from Arsenal/Spurs/City etc.

Does anyone ever remember these first games at new stadiums though? I can't recall any from Arsenal/Spurs/City etc.

Arsenal was Bergkamp's testimonial I think.

West Ham was against Juve, they got beat 2-1.

Southampton's was a league game against Chelsea that they lost 3-1!

I honestly want the first official game there to be Everton vs Everton reserves. You just know if we somehow survive this season and then next, then we move in, they are going to give us Liverpool at home on the first game of the season. They beat us. It’s another thing they laude over us for years to come.

To be honest, not a bad idea.

They could mix up the teams to make both fairly even, one wearing the home kit, the other the away kit.

At least Everton will win the opening game that way!

Personally I'd love to see some of the old players though. It would be a boss start for the new stadium.

I think the legends thing is probably one for the older generations. I want none of the Goodison "magic" that I've seen since 1993 anywhere near the new stadium.

It would be funny if the 1st game was played on that mini pitch in the centre now, just for all the people who said the pitch wouldnt fit. They could even do it like a mini legends 5aside tournament, and sell additional pitch side tickets to make the 1st attendance over 60k.