New Everton Stadium Discussion

I always thought they said with the potential to rise to 62,000 at the beginning. I haven’t seen anything to say that it can’t though. Stupid not making 62,000 in the first place though if that’s the case.
I know it's about finance,but 62-65k should have been the size,if I'm not mistaken isn't there a waiting list for season tickets,then you have the Blues who live away from the city who can't make every game plus the tourist interest that the new stadium will generate.

Anyone know where and how many parking spaces there will be on the site?
Appreciate there none (or very little) for fans, but presumably the stadium will be home to a couple of hundred staff?

6 spaces I've been told mate. 4 for me, one for Freidkin (father and son have to car share) and one for Dyche

Players have to arrive on foot after getting the bus into town.

I know it's about finance,but 62-65k should have been the size,if I'm not mistaken isn't there a waiting list for season tickets,then you have the Blues who live away from the city who can't make every game plus the tourist interest that the new stadium will generate.

As has been said previously, Meis pointed out the cost went through the roof (forgive the pun) for the last 10,000 seats to take to the low 60's. There were also a whole host of planning and heritage issues, too. I have faith in the extra capacity hitting 60,000 through safe standing, when legislation changes. Blind faith, admittedly, no technical knowledge.

i don’t know why haven’t made it bigger it’s baffling mate

or atleast so “we can when we want”

60/odd i would of done
It’s either, they didn’t believe the fan base was big enough or eager enough to fill 60,000 plus each game. Or was purely down to cost. The original design was 60,000 so conversations happened and we got what we got.
Just feel that in the distant future they will have to increase the capacity. I don’t think safe standing will ever be like what it is in Germany, which is a shame as it’s proven to be completely safe. So at some point they will have to spend a load of money to increase the capacity.
The last point which could be the reason for the reduced capacity is supply and demand, if the waiting list grows then they can keep increasing the ticket prices.

I agree that those of us who don't live locally but who are Everton through and through and followed the Club home and away and who have contributed to the whole 'Everton thing' both match day and any other time in the past may miss out but we don't want to go down the tourist trap like Anfield or OT because it serves only to dilute the atmosphere. Sooner have us 'woolies' - and there are plenty - who have been there (or thereabouts) for the past 40+ years than lots of 'travellers' from abroad who buy tickets as a meal deal.

I agree that those of us who don't live locally but who are Everton through and through and followed the Club home and away and who have contributed to the whole 'Everton thing' both match day and any other time in the past may miss out but we don't want to go down the tourist trap like Anfield or OT because it serves only to dilute the atmosphere. Sooner have us 'woolies' - and there are plenty - who have been there (or thereabouts) for the past 40+ years than lots of 'travellers' from abroad who buy tickets as a meal deal.
Sadly it's football today,you only get to the top table if you provide prawn sandwiches. It's all about generating income, supporters are secondary.

Sadly it's football today,you only get to the top table if you provide prawn sandwiches. It's all about generating income, supporters are secondary.

Yeah, it's true we need to tap into that market but don't underestimate the huge amount of money each game the average supporter will spend in the new stadium. That's before you factor in concerts, conventions and exhibitions in the stadium AND the huge fan zone.

Yeah, it's true we need to tap into that market but don't underestimate the huge amount of money each game the average supporter will spend in the new stadium. That's before you factor in concerts, conventions and exhibitions in the stadium AND the huge fan zone.
But we are playing catch-up with our noisy neighbours.

It’s either, they didn’t believe the fan base was big enough or eager enough to fill 60,000 plus each game. Or was purely down to cost. The original design was 60,000 so conversations happened and we got what we got.
Just feel that in the distant future they will have to increase the capacity. I don’t think safe standing will ever be like what it is in Germany, which is a shame as it’s proven to be completely safe. So at some point they will have to spend a load of money to increase the capacity.
The last point which could be the reason for the reduced capacity is supply and demand, if the waiting list grows then they can keep increasing the ticket prices.

surely not that we wouldn’t have enough to fill it?

As far as I can see/know there’s no evidence to say the ground can be expanded. The only person this would really have to come from would be Dan Meis, after all he did design the thing.

Anything can be expanded if you throw enough cash at it. It's fair to say though anything bar the North stand would totally change the look of the stadium as it goes from homogeneous to bits sticking out of it.

People just need to forget about it being altered in the short to medium term, we'd have to be winning championships before it would be worth anyone's time and effort to even think about it.