New Everton Stadium

was reading about the evolution of Canary Wharf. Not an expert on urban regeneration but they basically waved taxation for about a decade as well as bypassing planning permission rules.

Our northern docks have been left empty for longer so surprised we haven’t been granted something similar. Also built the DLR and extended the jubilee line.

The sky line is already pierced from a few high risers and a football stadium next to the sewage works probably supports a business case.

The city is in need of serious businesses investing and starting to locate.

Of course I’m not expecting anything to that size, but instead of building some standard housing and filling in the other docks, what’s preventing something similar?

Im not expecting an extension of merseyrail etc but something can be done to improve public transport such a light railway or tram system (not those trackless trams - they’re just bendy busses).

The tobacco warehouse has already done phase one of converting the building into some luxury departments and I believe some hotels have been given permission to start renovating some of the ten streets buildings.

Just seems extremely unambiguous to see what’s been drawn up, the park is good but I think between the new Isle of Man terminal and the stadium could be so much more.

Further to that, a lot of big companies use new stadium facilities for corporate events. That should also be something to push too.

Believe it is due to the manufacturer going into liquidation, just before the last pieces were finished. A replacement contractor was found but will take a little time. We even had insurance for this contingency, remarkable planning on this project.

they were working on it last week ready for them going up, if you look back they had a hole there to pass things through or put rubbish out. it may of passed them needing to use that now so can be completed also

I disagree - the heritage stuff contributes massively towards the overall character of the place
Of course it does. Matty probably wants the "sticky up brown thing" covered in some lovely blue cladding, a la GP 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240723_145005_Google.webp

I think I'd prefer any crests to be on the brick facade rather than the glass but not entirely sure. Would've been nice to see some mock ups of branding designs. I'd like anything on the actual building to be subtle. They can drape as many pennants/banners from the stuff in the fan plaza as they like.
As long as they heat pressed and not sewn on to keep Ped happy, I'm sure it will be fine.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back