New Everton Stadium

Not remotely the same. If the club were bringing across the buttressing itself (as Sunderland I think did in their new stadium by sticking a section in the club museum), then that'd undermine what Ilm saying. But they're not doing that are they? They're using the criss-cross motif on railings and brickwork (allegedly it's on the brickwork in any case).

What I'm talking about is physical artefacts from the old stadium shifted to the new stadium.
Littlewoods Clock
1000000249.webp

Had a dream last night that we hosted an exhibition match there in January. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if something was hosted there in the new year at least..

The original one: is that still with the club?

That'd be a must for me. It's very identifiably Everton and we'd need a lot more of those symbols from our past to ease the fanbase into the new stadium.

I know people are making a joke of this but the facts are that other club's have eventually had to reach for objects from their old matchday experience to create a sense of place at their new stadiums.

Had a dream last night that we hosted an exhibition match there in January. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if something was hosted there in the new year at least..
They need to get this open ASAP and start taking cash in from it.

It's ludicrous to me that we're not having half of this coming season in that new stadium.

There should be tours and a club shop in operation way before summer next year.

I can't see us doing anything there until after the season finishes personally, with maybe the exception of test events.

Once LoR hand the stadium over there will be ongoing work which the club are managing along with snagging. There is apparently still around £50m worth of works remaining that the club will be Project Managing. The majority of that will be internal but there is also the Everton Way and Pump House fit out to do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back