New Everton Stadium

The thing about that 'apology' was its belligerence. You can read between the lines easily enough: "Ok, you bitterz have got the hump about the Liverpool stuff we do and you got a cob on about it round the derby. You've made your point so get back in here".

A non-apology apology in effect.

You'd have to be a right 'kin scab to go in there and pay to drink their gnat's piss again.

I do wonder how much it's cost them. At the end of the day, it must have cost them money as otherwise they would not have apologised.

Having read comments here and not having a clue what Boxpark is, I had a quick Google.

A drinking shed theme business with the aim of collecting money off the young or the gormless easily impressed by loud crap music, flashing lights, gimmicks and crap overpriced branded drinks, or colourful multidrink mixtures for the ladies that lads pay through the nose for so they don't look cheap, in the hope of a successful date.

Coming from london the ... I'm assuming, non football interested management ... blew their big opportunity in Liverpool by assuming most of the population of the city would be rs, in the hope if getting loads in, but hopelessly misread the indigenous the city fanbase.

Am I close?

Taken from the river this evening.
IMG_1642.jpeg
IMG_1658.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1668.jpeg
IMG_1662.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

They’ve since apologised

Translation: We've just realised that we could be trying to fill the place out for nearly twice as many games as we are now. So we are very sorry our profits have been hit.

That honestly has to be one of the most boneheaded decisions in business, two big teams in a city and they hung their hat completely on one side. The owners have to be from outside of the city to do a thing like that. At this stage they'd be better to ramp up the pro RS rhetoric to try and pack them in, as they have alienated the blue side for good.

Having read comments here and not having a clue what Boxpark is, I had a quick Google.

A drinking shed theme business with the aim of collecting money off the young or the gormless easily impressed by loud crap music, flashing lights, gimmicks and crap overpriced branded drinks, or colourful multidrink mixtures for the ladies that lads pay through the nose for so they don't look cheap, in the hope of a successful date.

Coming from london the ... I'm assuming, non football interested management ... blew their big opportunity in Liverpool by assuming most of the population of the city would be rs, in the hope if getting loads in, but hopelessly misread the indigenous the city fanbase.

Am I close?
Yeah, that's about the sum of it. Alienating thousands of local potential customers was not the wisest of business moves. Not the place where you're likely to find this real ale drinking Evertonian in his 60's, in any case, but I suspect this mistake has cost them £10,000's.

Great pics, would look unreal if the North Stand had the same set up as the South (externally at least). Loved the arched posts on the South stand angled away, it looks imposing.

Mad the way they could have completely rotated the stadium so the South stand was facing out to the Mersey but apparently cameras and where the sun/light is plays a part in design/orientation

Mad the way they could have completely rotated the stadium so the South stand was facing out to the Mersey but apparently cameras and where the sun/light is plays a part in design/orientation
Sure, but the orientation gives an incredible waterfront view.

Honestly, was just on the Mersey ferry then, and it’s massive and imposing, and that western side and barrel roof looks incredible.

What did this box park do like? Havrnt even heard of them me
Night of the Goodison derby (just after they had opened) they decided to deck the place out in LFC flags etc and had a Kopite singer. Brassed off the Blues off who were there and looks like word spread and essentially there has been something of a boycott by Evertonians ever since. Silly move on Boxpark's part is now costing them money.

Sure, but the orientation gives an incredible waterfront view.

Honestly, was just on the Mersey ferry then, and it’s massive and imposing, and that western side and barrel roof looks incredible.

That's true, nice to view the length of the stadium isn't it. Damn UU and their little bit of land that was needed to make a perfect North/South shape!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back