New Everton Stadium Discussion

Whether it has come in yet I don't know, but they have, or plan(ned) to, made the last 11 rows safe standing.

We need to get something like that in. Everton will need a way to ensure that the South Stand acts as one as often as possible. They do not want it to be half a Blue Wall. If Everton can get rail seats in there that will go a long way to doing that.

It never will, regardless of what is designed

This is a section image showing the Goodison park main stand overlaid with the older larger design and the current design:
1669370254685.png

Below is a sectioned image of the Goodison Park end overlaid with the older larger design.
Arrow 1 is where the top of the new roof will be on the current design.
Arrow 2 shows approximately where the last row of the seats will be on the latest design (South, East & West).
1669370100653.png

Looks pretty impressive to me!

This is a section image showing the Goodison park main stand overlaid with the older larger design and the current design:
View attachment 193031

Below is a sectioned image of the Goodison Park end overlaid with the older larger design.
Arrow 2 shows approximately where the last row of the seats will be on the latest design (South, East & West).
View attachment 193030

Looks like a nosebleed situation ?

My only concern with this, is we end up not having the atmosphere that we want it to achieve.
Didn't feel there was much atmosphere at Spurs away some week's back, but that could've just been due to the game itself....or just too much corporate seating

Safe standing will come in to place, the only question is the ratio. Why would they remove a feature that has been designed for something that is going to happen, in case the thing that is going to happen, doesn't happen. Only to then put it back when the thing that is going to happen, happens.
I do get why they've done it, but it's frustrating though.

The ideal place for the rail seats is the back half. As the front half naturally stand more than a back half, that would have meant there would be many times the entire stand is stood as one.

Fans in the back half would then be directly under the roof, and with fans often all stood the atmosphere would have been great.

However, and again, I get why they planned it at the front as to increase the ratio beyond 1 to 1 it has to be 25 degrees or under. Rail seats over 25 degrees has to stay as 1 to 1.

The problem is you're then left with a divide between the front and back. Back sat far too often, front too far from the roof making it harder to get your songs started, and also to spread.

OK, so how do you fix it? A massive ultra group? I'm not against that but not my preference. The other way is an additional rail seat section at the very back 10 to 20 rows, and get your hardcore singers in there.

Also lower the roof, which, if I'm looking at the right images, is too high above the last row.

View attachment 193031

View attachment 193030

Planned to be bigger. Lost opportunity.

Bullseye.jpg

View attachment 193031

View attachment 193030

Interesting, thank you. It's only from reading on here last night that I seen that the number of rows has been reduced. They've kept that quiet.

I haven't ignored it at all.... I've literally shown you how it is irrelevant because the Park end is only a small stand...... and also by comparing the south stand to what it is supposed to be emulating (and other stands that in most cases are not considered anything remarkable).

The south stand has just 2 rows and over 2k more seats than the Gwladys St, which has a church taking up one whole corner. Does anyone think the Gwladys Street is a mega sized home end? No, of course they don't! The South stand is smaller than both ends at Old Trafford, both ends of St James' Park (if you include corners of the gallowgate), the Holte end (which hasn't even got corners), smaller than the new Anfield Rd end which is not being marketed as a red wall and also hasn't got corners. 16 rows less than the Kop which will probably be redeveloped following the safestanding experiment in anycase, smaller than the big end at Sunderland, approx 40% smaller than Spurs South Stand. Less than the proposed extended Kop at Sheffield United (no corners)..... and several more besides. The only thing weird is continually ignoring those facts.....

Yes... it is a decent size and visually impressive and the corners add to it, but it is not quite what was sold to us..... and at £550-750m it probably should be at least that and more. Perhaps even moreso since North stand is a relative non-entity.
The many likes to every post where I point out your draining negativity would suggest you, are indeed, extremely negative.

I stopped taking him too seriously when he said there was lots of empty seats at our home games and no demand for spare tickets.
I was only saying that over the years i regularly have spares that don't sell on the official site or elsewhere (i had 7 season tkts at one point) and have several empty seats around me in the Park end most games. Not sure what the relevance is to this though.

1669385509913.png

1669385627690.png

Mike Young, a Principal Façade Engineer at Laing O’Rourke, explained: “These are real bricks, hand-made in Loughborough and then sent away to be cut into 520,000 different, individual half brick components. Each one has a special key cut into the back, so they are able to be cast into the concrete panels.

Mr Young explained how building the cladding away from the stadium site had significant benefits to those involved in its construction. He said: “Off-site construction is significantly safer than traditional brick cladding methods, so the guys working in the factory are going to be far less exposed to various hazards that they would be on-site.

“There will be 731 panels in total and 240 brick coping panels that go on the very top to finish it all off and it’s a complex process in which with every panel has been individually designed in a 3D environment. This is the first glimpse of how the stadium is going to look aesthetically from the outside and, for me, as a façade engineer looking after all the external look, this is the first significant part of the envelope of the building, so it’s exciting. It’s been two years in the making to get to this point and it signifies that 2023 is going to be a very busy year.

“When the cladding panels eventually make it to site, we have a team of four operatives working on the north west core, plus one in the crane and a couple of engineers, which is significantly less people exposed to the various hazards. If we were doing this in a traditional brickwork build, the whole building would be scaffolded and we would need heavy machinery to move around the bricks and other materials, so doing it this way shrinks the construction programme quite significantly. Another thing is that when the brick cladding comes to site, the quality assurance that is done in the factory far exceeds what we can guarantee on site."

Mr Young added: “The design team put a lot of effort into the software to ensure that every panel has the pattern perfectly set out, so that under the factory conditions we could individually place the bricks exactly into the mould, knowing we are always going to get the correct brick in the correct location, which will ultimately create the Leitch truss pattern.

“Then in the factory, we use augmented reality, so we can look over the panels from a quality perspective, to make sure that every dark red brick is where it should be in the design. Ultimately, once it is finished, we’ll get the Leitch truss pattern. The trick, and the difficulty that the architect had, was the fact that although the panels are relatively consistent, the gaps between the panels are not, so every single brick panel is unique in its overall pattern.”

Attachments

• 1669385697616.png
    1669385697616.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 44