New Everton Stadium Discussion

No it was around the time they released a 3D tool which allowed them track progess, probably about 6 months ago.
As far as i'm aware LoR haven't released any other programme. They had a press release about the BIM model back end of last year but don't recall them going into detail about the programme.

I think it's been mentioned in various articles about certain elements being completed by certain points in time e.g. the roof trusses but nothing definitive.

It's a huge cost to have a stadium sat empty. If there are delays and it's not ready until April 2025 then I can see why they wouldn't. Anything earlier then it is a massive waste.

I'm with you it would be almost anticlimactic to move mid season, so my personal hope is we have our last game at Goodison next season and then BMD is ready after the international break around September and we play at another ground or start with 4-6 away fixtures.

Handover date is December 24, then you will have test events to do so you would be looking at April 25 for first game.

My opinion on the moving mid-season thing, is that if we gain time on the schedule and it is available a few months early (doubtful), then we may push to delay our first home game and play first 'x' number of games away, using Liverpools main stand timeline as a precedent. That may give us until after the international break.

If it is handed over and test events are successful by December/January, I woudl expect us to be looking to move in. If however that date looks more like mid-end of March, then it'll be the season after.

There will be a LOT of focus on the last game at Goodison, the club normally does this sort of thing quite well. I was talking to Darren Griffiths a short while back about idea for the final game and he said that a team is already working on it. There is no way that they will be able to create an event worthy of the send off of one of the worlds most historical stadiums that can be pulled off effectively with just a month or two of notice.

My opinion on the moving mid-season thing, is that if we gain time on the schedule and it is available a few months early (doubtful), then we may push to delay our first home game and play first 'x' number of games away, using Liverpools main stand timeline as a precedent. That may give us until after the international break.

If it is handed over and test events are successful by December/January, I woudl expect us to be looking to move in. If however that date looks more like mid-end of March, then it'll be the season after.

There will be a LOT of focus on the last game at Goodison, the club normally does this sort of thing quite well. I was talking to Darren Griffiths a short while back about idea for the final game and he said that a team is already working on it. There is no way that they will be able to create an event worthy of the send off of one of the worlds most historical stadiums that can be pulled off effectively with just a month or two of notice.
Well if they are already working on it it's obviously more than "just a month or two of notice"

Well if they are already working on it it's obviously more than "just a month or two of notice"
What I mean is, they are planning what can be delivered now, as to what can feasibly be done. Ideas, thoughts and possibilities. The delivery phase won't be happening yet. Obviously.

The delivery phase will require a few months, in my opinion. Maybe more, dependent on what's done. Obviously. I expect it will be more than a video and some music from local bands.

Not a comparable situation, this thread has gone over it hundreds of times
I'm scratching my head here as to why either the Premier League or other clubs would object to us moving in during a season Serious question. Has there been an instance when a club has been refused permission to move to a new ground half way through a season?

I'm scratching my head here as to why either the Premier League or other clubs would object to us moving in during a season Serious question. Has there been an instance when a club has been refused permission to move to a new ground half way through a season?

The Premier League can reject it for a multitude of reasons - broadcast, fan safety (delays because of new tech etc) - but that's assuming we're still in the Prem anyway!

They can move, but everything I've heard, its just the club wanting to stick it out at Goodison till end of season

Does anyone have the construction timeline that LOR put out at the start of construction? Interested to know how on target it is. IIRC the roof trusses were to be finished at Easter. Not bad going if that was accurate.

This is the computerized construction sequence which (if you look in the top left corner) shows they are slightly ahead of schedule.

The Premier League can reject it for a multitude of reasons - broadcast, fan safety (delays because of new tech etc) - but that's assuming we're still in the Prem anyway!

They can move, but everything I've heard, its just the club wanting to stick it out at Goodison till end of season
I just can't see why Moshiri (the bloke who is paying for the new stadium) would want to delay the move even by one day. Just doesn't make sense.