New Everton Stadium Discussion

Talking of trains, I'm told that the new 4 cars hold twice as many than the old 3 cars (if you count passengers both stood up and sat down). Are 8 car trains possible or are they not possible due to platform constraints, do we know?

20230813_134320.jpg
20230813_134343.jpg

20230813_135630.jpg

Talking of trains, I'm told that the new 4 cars hold twice as many than the old 3 cars (if you count passengers both stood up and sat down). Are 8 car trains possible or are they not possible due to platform constraints, do we know?
The new Stadler trains can be run as 8-car units. You may notice the end cars have only one set of doors, towards the middle of the carriage - that's because the front of the train will extend beyond the platform in 8 car formation at many stations. Northern Line will routinely have 8 car at peak periods.

The new Stadler trains can be run as 8-car units. You may notice the end cars have only one set of doors, towards the middle of the carriage - that's because the front of the train will extend beyond the platform in 8 car formation at many stations. Northern Line will routinely have 8 car at peak periods.
That's incredible. They hold how many stood and seated in 8 car configuration? Thanks.

This refers to the corralling of fans outside Sandhills as per Wembley Park . Not much scope for enlarging the actual station as it's an island platform on a viaduct.

I've read elsewhere that the plan is to build another entrance similar to the existing one but on the other side. I believe Errington St has been mentioned which is off Derby Road. Not sure how that ties in with increasing capacity, but it'll shave a few minutes off the walk, I suppose.

Last edited:
I've read elsewhere that the plan is to build another entrance similar to the existing one but on the other side. I believe Errington St has been mentioned which is off Derby Street. Not sure how that ties in with increasing capacity, but it'll shave a few minutes off the walk, I suppose.
Yes Errington St. would shorten the walk from BMD , I would guess this would be for Northbound passengers ..There are currently about 9 trains per hour going into town so that's no problem .Going North there are again about 9 per hour but divided between Southport ,Kirkby and Ormskirk lines.