New Everton Stadium Discussion

It is often underestimated just how dangerous building sites are, even with a site culture today that is so different to how it used to be in the relatively recent past. No matter how hard you try accidents happen. I hope that the family, colleagues and all those affected by this tragic incident are given the support that they need in all its forms.

I have, on too many occasions, been sat in meetings where the names of colleagues have been read out in connection to severe or fatal injuries, and each one hits as hard as the last.

I hope and expect that the club will never forget this lads name, as I know from experience those who were there today wont.

Nobody should ever go to work, never to return home safely.

I can only ask kindly that we don't deal in conjecture or gossip, and that we wait till the official lines of information before we mention names/details, as it is the families decision to have that information released publicly, or not.

Really hurts this.

RIP young man.

It is often underestimated just how dangerous building sites are, even with a site culture today that is so different to how it used to be in the relatively recent past. No matter how hard you try accidents happen. I hope that the family, colleagues and all those affected by this tragic incident are given the support that they need in all its forms.

I have, on too many occasions, been sat in meetings where the names of colleagues have been read out in connection to severe or fatal injuries, and each one hits as hard as the last.

I hope and expect that the club will never forget this lads name, as I know from experience those who were there today wont.

I can only ask kindly that we don't deal in conjecture or gossip, and that we wait till the official lines of information before we mention names/details, as it is the families decision to have that information released publicly, or not.

Really hurts this.

RIP young man.
Pretty much my thoughts.. I used to work as an Electrician and a site I was working on was closed due to an accident, the man didn't die but was left with life changing injuries after a fall from a roof. It's horrific for all involved.
RIP to this young man.

Really hurts this.

RIP young man.
Agree with this wholehearted.
When I first started on building sites the only reg was steel toe capped boots, and that wasn’t strictly observed.
Few sites even provided a toilet let alone welfare facilities.
The Health and Safety in the construction industry has improved immeasurably in the last 30 years , even though some of the regulations seem irksome to us at times.
The larger companies are particularly strict on implementing the rules and from what I have heard this is certainly the case with LoR .
But by their very nature construction sites remain dangerous places to work , even when health and safety is strictly enforced, accidents will and do still happen.
Sad day today and condolences to his family and friends.
As you say , nobody should go to work and not be able to return home safely.