New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yup, hope the first big televised game is at night too. Looks so much better with all the lights with blue lasers between the Liver Building and the stadium and cruise ships lit up etc.

Feels so long ago now, when I was going in the 70s and there was so much wood, cardboad, tatty concrete and p1ssy beer pots everywhere :) now we will get complaints on not enough wireless charge points and secure hotspots :D Just need to get in there with a prem status in tact!

Last edited:

They just did a fluff piece on BBC breakfast about Utd's stadium conundrum.
They showed pictures of Spurs new stadium, City's and Arsenal and even the RS scabby loft conversion in relation to them needing a new state of the art ground.
No mention of our state of the art new stadium in the mix.
So when was it we got officially erased from existence?

Probably just showing stadiums of their rivals.

It is a superb feature.

I love that it's big enough in its own right - and gated - to allow for it to host events itself.

I always skip the videos to just look at rhe stadium but I was watching one yesterday, you can see the grass growing (where the tree is planted) and there's just all kinds of quality features dotted around. It's absolutely huge!

I always skip the videos to just look at rhe stadium but I was watching one yesterday, you can see the grass growing (where the tree is planted) and there's just all kinds of quality features dotted around. It's absolutely huge!
Yeah, loads of thought has gone into it - which is brilliant.

The concrete benches, with the Archibald Leitch inlay, is my favourite detail of the whole build.

Don't worry, it will just make it all the sweeter for Evertonians when we do move in. A lot of people are in for a huge surprise when they see the finished article for the first time, even on the TV screen. And that's before any concerts or football. It will be impossible to keep out of the news.

Up The Toffees!
Totally this, I remember the weasel Gary Neville doing a piece with Spit the dog on a ferry on the Mersey, he was shocked when he saw it.
I’d say it’s just a few nationals who have reported it like Henry Winter after he had a tour, apart from the that, none of the mainstream media have given it so much as a glance.
Are they in for a shock…

Thanks for posting.

That looks about a 14 metre gap from the last row of seats to the roof. It's an arched roof isn't it, so that could be at its highest point, so the lowest point we could qbe looking at 10 or 11 metres above the back row. That seems excessive to me.

In addition if our noisier fans who want to start the chants off are in the front section that's getting on for 30 metres from the roof.

For their noise to travel and reverberate from the roof I wonder how many more fans joining in with songs you'll need for this to happen?

Are the sound studies done assuming you have say 3000 singing and then you have optimum noise when those 3000 are positioned at the front? What about if it's only 10 trying to get songs going? Will their noise just get lost at the front? It's only ultra groups that I've seen work at the front, whereas we've been more traditional in that small groups of fans start them but as there's less you need the acoustics close by which we won't have.

I don't particularly expect an answer to the above by the way.

Totally this, I remember the weasel Gary Neville doing a piece with Spit the dog on a ferry on the Mersey, he was shocked when he saw it.
I’d say it’s just a few nationals who have reported it like Henry Winter after he had a tour, apart from the that, none of the mainstream media have given it so much as a glance.
Are they in for a shock…

In fairness why would other fans be overly interested in our new stadium. Once its done and we move in we will obviously see a lot more coverage.