New Everton Stadium Discussion

the weight of the stadium PLUS the weight of the crowd means that the foundations have to be spectacularly solid.

if there is unstable ground as suggests then the costs will quite quickly spiral out of control..

you can not compare the foundations for a sewage plant with the foundations of a stadium that will house 50,000 people.. totally incomparible.

Sorry mate but that is not right at all.

the weight of the stadium PLUS the weight of the crowd means that the foundations have to be spectacularly solid.

if there is unstable ground as suggests then the costs will quite quickly spiral out of control..

you can not compare the foundations for a sewage plant with the foundations of a stadium that will house 50,000 people.. totally incomparible.
are stadiums actually that heavy though? They contain an awful lot of empty space over a quite a large footprint.

Last edited:

give us some data then mate ...

The piles can go very deep in creating a rock socket and distribute the weight. There are different types of piles, such as bearing, friction, sheet, and diaphragm walls etc.

The site would have already had Geotechnical site investigations (I was involved in this part for Wellington Dock) and testing in labs to see how strong the rock was, what pressures the they fail at etc. Any issues with the site would have been highlighted then.

Both Sandon and Wellington Dock were backfilled with sand from Liverpool Bay as was Liverpool 2 terminal. Sand is good material for building structures on as it is good for drainage, stabilisation and can be compacted well.

give us some data then mate ...
The plant can treat 356,000 m3/day. That 356,000 tonnes of sweage that slowly pass through various giant processes. The SBR plant on Wellington dock has a 16 tanks, each 40mx49.5mx6.5m, giving each tank a volume of over 12000m3. Times 16, that's over 200,000m3
A cubic meter of water weighs 1 tonne, that's 200,000 tonnes of sweage plus.
This is before taking into account the concrete 50000m3 of concrete and 10000 tonnes of reinforced bar.
It's not even in the same ball park I'm afraid

The plant can treat 356,000 m3/day. That 356,000 tonnes of sweage that slowly pass through various giant processes. The SBR plant on Wellington dock has a 16 tanks, each 40mx49.5mx6.5m, giving each tank a volume of over 12000m3. Times 16, that's over 200,000m3
This is before taking into account the concrete 50000m3 of concrete and 10000 tonnes of reinforced bar.

so whats the problem we are having then ??/

I take it wellington dock hasn't got unsteady ground beneath it like bramley-moore ?

For future reference 'Shut up Frang' is sufficient