New Everton Stadium

I have done simple picture with a running track superimposed on Goodison. My conclusion...it doesn't fit! You're all welcome!

092hutx9zyjr.jpg

Maybe the stand seating behind the goals could be removed.. as well as raising the track?

Only bit of a race anyone is interested in is the finish right?
Stick the finishing straight/110 m hurdles inside the stadium, leave 2 corners unfinished til after the games so the rest of the track is outside the stadium.
Allows steep seating, build the corners afterward to bring the capacity to 61878.
Simple when ypu think it through.

Running track on the roof

*taps nose
Third option is Monaco GP option. Tunnels with tighter bends.

* takes meds, lies down in a darkened room wit a plentiful supply of male Tena pads

Wembley can be used for athletics apparently - it was a funding requirement.
But, the whole of the bottom level of seating is lost which explains the shallow rake of these seats, so up close steep seating would probably require a split level build, rectangular at the bottom, more rounded at the top.

* this is a personal opinion and non-vaultable as I am under the protection of Lord Buckethead.
Hang on a cotton pickin minute, are you telling me Lord Buckethead offer protection against all things vaultable pray Tell.

Are Everton the most gigantic mugs or what?
We've got a stadium to be used for athletics, the cost of which is to be funded entirely by the club, and with our billionaire owner putting in not one penny. I find it interesting that this unwelcome information is sandwiched between our highly unusual splurge in the transfer market

Did you read Anderson's letter and just assume the complete opposite of everything he wrote?

Sometimes it is but I think top-level international track and field stadiums always have them on the outside e.g. London 2012:

p2630841a308549141.jpg

Moving these outside the stadium will help (though how it'd be received by the IAAF and CGF I don't know) but I think the ends are a bigger problem really. Still intruiged to see how this will work.

Looking at that picture How does having long/triple jump away from the ground make a difference?
How much closer would the London Stadium have been to the action if those events were outside the stadium?
I can't see has its alter anything.

Depends entirely on how steep the stands are in the first place.

The first 10 rows of a steep stand will probably be sufficent.

Not a chance. Will have to be much much higher, especially with a steep raked stand. Still possible though. If Hampden lost 5 or so rows you can see how many we would need if the stands remain tight to the pitch.

Edit: just read Hampden lost 8 rows

The temporary track gets built on a riser. The first 5-10 rows of all the stands won't be used as the track will be blocking them/above them.

That doesn't stand up mathematicaly.

10 rows would give only an extra 7-8 metres.

Athletics need 177 metres from end to end.

Standard length EUFA/FIFA pitch is only 105 metres. Add on the gap at each end (6 metres) gives you 105 + 6 + 6 = 117
Add on your ten rows
117 + 7 + 7 = 151

Still 26 metres too short

That's another 13m from each end I.E. another 18 rows from each end!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back