New Everton Stadium

I can't understand how people don't want the city to get the CWG. The fear by comparing us to Hampden and London Stadium as really got some people living on the edge. A new stadium will not be in comparison to either of those venues; Hampden was built in 1907 and was last renovated 20 years ago, and the London stadium was built as an athletics stadium.

If the City does win the games the windfall for Everton would be huge. We would be central top what can only be described as one of the biggest regeneration builds in Europe, the footfall and revenue that would come our way following this would enable us to take an even bigger step to competing. Not to mention all the foreign investment, a PL club located in the middle of a cash cow would have investors rubbing their hands.

Modern architects have the tools and techniques to do amazing things these days, so don't panic over the thought of a running track as i'm sure there'll be a solution already on the table.
Man City's ground was built from the CommonWealth Games. I think that's one of the best new grounds apart from the away end which is too thin and spread over 3 tiers.

Can someone please give me a quick precis on where we are up to.

When can we expect the first 'shovel in the ground'?

My own take on it all is that a lot of groundwork has been done, between the club, LCC, and others in the wings.

But, if my original theory on all this is right, nowt will happen until the CWG decision is made. (Which I believe to be a fig leaf anyrate.)

There are too many rich, powerful, and massive, companies and individuals in this soup imo, that will make this happen. Not for our benefit, but for theirs. (Not that thats a bad thing).

I might be miles off, as I have said before, but the ground is a the kicker to the whole Liverpool Waters regeneration/mega £££ returns.

Ergo, it will happen, and it will be sound.

Can someone please give me a quick precis on where we are up to.

When can we expect the first 'shovel in the ground'?
giphy.gif

I am foremost an Everton supporter. That means I want what's best for Everton and to hell with whether the city benefits. Tell me, how does a one off event that costs all parties a fortune to accommodate produce financial benefits that outweigh such costs. Give me an example where a similar sporting event has proved to have produced benefits outweighing costs. Please don't quote back contrived consultancy reports where the authors are told what to conclude in advance and use limited evidence and kite flying assumptions to get what the client wants to hear. As a consultant myself I know how these things work.
Funny how people who were certain that GP couldn't possibly be redeveloped despite professional evidence to the contrary are now prepared to accept without any evidence that a tight football stadium can readily accommodate an oval running track and not be compromised significantly.
The city is going to benefit by the catalyst that is the building of the new stadium at Bramley Moore, aided and abetted by the channeling of investment from The City of London through the connections of Moshiri, Usmanov, and other financiers. The city of Liverpool will be expanded westwards on the banks of the Mersey beyond recognition. The CG are an irrelevance to this happening.

Well both Manchester and Glasgow reported mass increase in spending and driving money into the local economy, the footfall throughout the city increased massively as well.

I'm not sure what the relevance with GP redevelopment and a track inside BMD, in all honesty I haven't seen anyone who fits into that category you've described. Anyway that question would need to be aimed at the owners.

And yes you are correct that docks will go through some serious redevelopment, but considering this is a 50 year master plan I dont expect to see this developed over night. Plus this ends at BMD as the rest of the docks fall into PP's development liked to L2

However, the games would more than likely change this. Certain infrastructure needs to be in place and considering the economy could change overnight with the announcement, I'd expect the development of the area to gather a bit of pace.

Well both Manchester and Glasgow reported mass increase in spending and driving money into the local economy, the footfall throughout the city increased massively as well.

I'm not sure what the relevance with GP redevelopment and a track inside BMD, in all honesty I haven't seen anyone who fits into that category you've described. Anyway that question would need to be aimed at the owners.

And yes you are correct that docks will go through some serious redevelopment, but considering this is a 50 year master plan I dont expect to see this developed over night. Plus this ends at BMD as the rest of the docks fall into PP's development liked to L2

However, the games would more than likely change this. Certain infrastructure needs to be in place and considering the economy could change overnight with the announcement, I'd expect the development of the area to gather a bit of pace.
Well the Manchester and Glasgow fathers would say that wouldn't they. And they'd be right - but seriously do you really believe that a one week event can be of any long lasting significance in the context of what is possible in the area? The infrastructure improvements will happen because Everton will be playing there every other week.

Needs every deck to be directly on top of the one below,we need something really intimidating.
Man City's ground was built from the CommonWealth Games. I think that's one of the best new grounds apart from the away end which is too thin and spread over 3 tiers.

When you get the chance look closely at Man City's ground. Look closely behind the goals at the second tier, then look how far they are from the pitch.
It's an absolute horrendous set up as a football ground (this tier originally wrapped around the end of the running track) it's so far away from the pitch that it complete destroys the atmosphere within the ground. (When you think about why did they copy this layout at the temporary end post CWC games when they made a new end stand!?!?)

Other grounds with ill thought out second tiers are: Wembley, new Athletico Madrid stadium, London stadium or any other ground that has or can be used for Athletics.

Any of these examples are what we should be avoiding.

Real Betis have 3 sides of their ground built with steep on top of each other (overhanging) triple tier stands albeit with slightly curved sides and goal areas.
This design with straight stands is closest we could get to a 'on top of the pitch Goodison esque' stadium. This with one end being a double tier stand would look pretty awesome.

However this ground also wouldn't be able to readily accept a running track.

Regardless of what folk say on here about modern technology and new design techniques there's one thing that never changes. One can't bend the laws of physics regardless of who the architect may be.
A given area is a given area....period!!

Could get around by building a 'L' shaped stadium for the CWG's but I can't see that happening.

When you get the chance look closely at Man City's ground. Look closely behind the goals at the second tier, then look how far they are from the pitch.
It's an absolute horrendous set up as a football ground (this tier originally wrapped around the end of the running track) it's so far away from the pitch that it complete destroys the atmosphere within the ground. (When you think about why did they copy this layout at the temporary end post CWC games when they made a new end stand!?!?)

Other grounds with ill thought out second tiers are: Wembley, new Athletico Madrid stadium, London stadium or any other ground that has or can be used for Athletics.

Any of these examples are what we should be avoiding.

Real Betis have 3 sides of their ground built with steep on top of each other (overhanging) triple tier stands albeit with slightly curved sides and goal areas.
This design with straight stands is closest we could get to a 'on top of the pitch Goodison esque' stadium. This with one end being a double tier stand would look pretty awesome.

However this ground also wouldn't be able to readily accept a running track.

Regardless of what folk say on here about modern technology and new design techniques there's one thing that never changes. One can't bend the laws of physics regardless of who the architect may be.
A given area is a given area....period!!

Could get around by building a 'L' shaped stadium for the CWG's but I can't see that happening.

upload_2017-9-7_1-45-40.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back