New Everton Stadium

Spot on

I love going to the game, but really can't afford to go - Like you say it's probably getting up to £70-80 to go a match

Working on a normal salary, paying mortgage, student loans, household bills etc - There just isn't enough left to justify it
Pro-rata my season ticket in the Street End costs me £25ish per game, which isn't too bad and I think reasonably affordable for a fair percentage of people.

The issue is that I at least spend around that on ale at each match, if not more; then you have to add in the cost of a bit of a scran and the transport and it's close.

With the cost of the BMD likely to increase tickets to some extent, I can see it only being more expensive - the ale too.

I can just about remember there was some mention on here about types of seats pricing. Can anyone remind me, please? Something about bronze seats come with TV screen, slippers and personal analyst.

I agree, something to make it stand out should be incorporated so you know it's BMD as soon as you see it, something like the semi-circles behind the goals used to do. That said, the only reason you associate the criss-cross with GP is that it is along with the stand at Rangers, it is just about the only one left which was designed by Leitch. Sunderland, Twickenham and Bradford Park Avenue had similar stands to the Bullens Road, for example. That design was his trade mark and hardly unique to GP.
Showing me age here, but the old littlewoods clock up in a corner would be boss

Pro-rata my season ticket in the Street End costs me £25ish per game, which isn't too bad and I think reasonably affordable for a fair percentage of people.

The issue is that I at least spend around that on ale at each match, if not more; then you have to add in the cost of a bit of a scran and the transport and it's close.

With the cost of the BMD likely to increase tickets to some extent, I can see it only being more expensive - the ale too.
I’m hoping the first season will be a freebie for season ticket holders;)

The club are crafty little buggers tho.

99 quid for kids season tickets, bargain, the only problem is, kids get older, I'm a few years away from having to pay 500-600 quid for the boys ticket.

*shakes fist at Everton

Kings Dock all the way. Would have been in an awesome position in terms of access to the City Centre and I honestly think the Arabs at City would have bought us instead.

If Liverpool Waters comes to fruition I would hope the area around BMD gets filled with bars, retail, restaurants and we have almost a footballing plaza experience for after the game.

They definitely need to add things around the area as no good having the stadium isolated from everything but a little old run down boozer.
I am sure this has been the plan from day one
That's where the real money to be made is

nah, absolutely no way this doesn't happen. The SoS will give it the nod, highly doubt it will be called in, doesn't make any sense, and financial institutions will be falling over themselves to lend to one (or two) billionaires on a surefire investment. Its easy money for them at a time when other areas are stuttering. There'll be a spade in the dock before end of March.
Banks are overflowing with deposits at the moment
They cant lend a shilling out no matter how hard they try
Japanese (and other)banks are actually charging .25% to depositors to hold their money
Government bonds are paying a pittance in interest
Best we can get is 15% tax free over 10 years
Banks will be queuing up to lend 5-600m at 3-4% interest
I reckon the finance is all sorted

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back