New Everton Stadium

Regarding the funding for our new palace, what did that Wolves fan say about the ingenious way we was paying for it?
Speaking of Wolves, a few of their fans are also pissing the bed about this news.

The potential for development in North Liverpool after today's news is unreal. Moshiri and Usmanov the city is yours.
This is the really big question for the city. There's a fantastic opportunity to make something out of the whole area. I hope that the LCC and central government can get it right. It's got the possibility to not just boost the club, but the city and the whole region and in turn the country.

Exciting times ahead!

I’m a mix of genuine excitement that the new stadium will be happening yet tinged with massive sadness that ive only got 60 odd (covid dependent) games left at the grand old lady.

Had a bit of a lump in my throat thinking they’ll be a time when I don’t go there anymore - the church, the goodison road chippy,wsag fanzine sellers sneering when the away support can’t even fill the upper tier of the bullens, the guy behind me in the gwladys whose quite possibly the most manic depressive evertonian i’ve come across, warm beer, cold pies and best of all that walk up the steps as the stands and the pitch comes into view. I don’t even need to mention what she looks like under the lights.Quite simply the best home i’ve never owned.

Right decision to move on and if he delivers it i’ll forever be grateful to moshiri but will miss the old girl.

The greatest tribute to Goodison is that it is being superseded, not by a cost-cutting supermarket shed in Kirkby, but by a magnificent state-of-the-art cityscape landmark on the river.

That's a fitting way to bow out, to secure the club's future. Goodison is a magnificent museum, but it is of the past and Everton, as an institution, has, too often in the modern era, been of the past. In some ways, Goodison passed away at the onset of the Premier League. It never regained the stature it had up to the end of the 1980s. By Euro 96, it was a relic. I'll miss it, but we'll always have the memories and now, for the first time in a generation, we also have hope of making new ones.

A final point: a club the stature of Everton really only exisits to compete and win. Our history at Goodison demands that the club succeeds. Young fans may find this hard to believe, but you could quite easily erase the last 25 years from any "history of Everton" DVD and, well, still have pretty much all of the club's historic highlights. Essentially, nothing of genuine note has happened in the club's storied fable since we won the FA Cup in 1995. The next entry would be the building of the new stadium (unless Carlo works the oracle). That is a damning indictment of what has gone between. This club has been a shadow of its former self for a generation. We used to win things, break records, and establish firsts. Time to open the next chapter.
Spot on.

The last few years are Everton's dark ages. Now is the time for our renaissance.

Speaking of Wolves, a few of their fans are also pissing the bed about this news.

They seem reasonably normal. A few are even well informed on the location/development etc.

I wonder how they think anyone affords to buy their own home? Very few people have a spare couple of hundred thousand lying around! Like must he very confusing for them.

They cant seem to get their heads round the idea of a loan, in a period of record low interest rates.
and even if you did have the cash to buy it outright, its terrible business to put all of your money into one asset. If you wanted to buy an asset of £100k and you had £100k, it makes much more sense to buy ten investments, put down £10k of your own money into each, long term borrow the rest and you have a big portfolio with a small risk in each. There is absolutely no way even Uzzy puts all his own money into this, it just inset how things work

I’m a mix of genuine excitement that the new stadium will be happening yet tinged with massive sadness that ive only got 60 odd (covid dependent) games left at the grand old lady.

Had a bit of a lump in my throat thinking they’ll be a time when I don’t go there anymore - the church, the goodison road chippy,wsag fanzine sellers sneering when the away support can’t even fill the upper tier of the bullens, the guy behind me in the gwladys whose quite possibly the most manic depressive evertonian i’ve come across, warm beer, cold pies and best of all that walk up the steps as the stands and the pitch comes into view. I don’t even need to mention what she looks like under the lights.Quite simply the best home i’ve never owned.

Right decision to move on and if he delivers it i’ll forever be grateful to moshiri but will miss the old girl.
Really?? the ones I have are hotter than the centre of the sun

This is the really big question for the city. There's a fantastic opportunity to make something out of the whole area. I hope that the LCC and central government can get it right. It's got the possibility to not just boost the club, but the city and the whole region and in turn the country.

Exciting times ahead!
It's going to be interesting to see what developments pop up over the next few year's. Hotels, restaurants, pubs etc.

I remember seeing the ten streets designs a while back. It looked like once developed it would be a great link and walk from the city centre up to the North of Liverpool.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back