New Everton Stadium

Shut up with this slavery bollocks. A qoute from history books.

Slavery dates back to prehistoric times and was apparently modeled on the domestication of animals. From the earliest periods of recorded history, slavery was found in the world's most "advanced" regions. The earliest civilizations--along the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in Mesopotamia, the Nile in Egypt, the Indus Valley of India, and China's Yangtze River Valley--had slavery. The earliest known system of laws, the Hammurabi Code, recognized slavery. But the percentage of slaves in these early civilizations was small, in part because male war captives were typically killed, while women were enslaved as field laborers or concubines.
Only a handful of societies made slavery the dominant labor force. The first true slave society in history emerged in ancient Greece between the 6th and 4th centuries. In Athens during the classical period, a third to a half of the population consisted of slaves. Rome would become even more dependent on slavery. It is not an accident that our modern ideas of freedom and democracy emerged in a slave society. Most early societies lacked a word for freedom; but large-scale slavery in classical Greece and Rome made these people more aware of the distinctive nature of freedom. Slavery never disappeared from medieval Europe. While slavery declined in northwestern Europe, it persisted in Sicily, southern Italy, Russia, southern France, Spain, and North Africa. Most of these slaves were "white," coming from areas in Eastern Europe or near the Black Sea.

Anyway our stadium built on our famous docks will be ace.
This is some of the most insane whataboutery I’ve had the misfortune to read on here.

I don’t even know what point you’re trying to make, but I’m fine with not knowing. On ignore you go.

Be odd if the club did not mention it. Given its a priority in our black communities. and you only have to check a name like "Townsend" to recognise its connections with slavery.
No idea if our Andros is from slave background but many surnames now used in some black communities are from slave background, it's why it an issue.
And Everton in the Community is thing, a big thing with the club.

I'm not sure where you stop, how far back you go etc.
but going back 150 years to accurately cover the horrific story behind the man the site is named after doesn't seem like a bridge too far at all

We are not using the Bramley Moore name and that's enough for me... The City has acknowledged its history many moons ago.

As I said 10 years ago I doubt any fuss would have been made by the club.

I'm glad you think it's what you need to hear the club say... Fair enough.

I don't think it needs to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back