New Everton Stadium

Reading up on this isn’t there huge opposition to the redevelopment of casement park from local resident groups like MORA ?

I would of thought the redevelopment and capacity upgrade of Windsor Park made more sense.

Well Casement will be built for GAA, the bid for the football is just an add on - so it will be tried to be buyout anyway - we hope - two birds with one stone. But i think defo - the Unionist community would love this to be Windsor (which is fine to) - im not sure Windsor is that long after a redevelopment and its about 18k.

Well Casement will be built for GAA, the bid for the football is just an add on - so it will be tried to be buyout anyway - we hope - two birds with one stone. But i think defo - the Unionist community would love this to be Windsor (which is fine to) - im not sure Windsor is that long after a redevelopment and its about 18k.
Windsor was recently developed and holds a maximum of 18k, so too small. Casement will look fantastic although as a NI supporter myself, it'll be interesting making my way there for a match or two lol. Great news all round though!

Windsor was recently developed and holds a maximum of 18k, so too small. Casement will look fantastic although as a NI supporter myself, it'll be interesting making my way there for a match or two lol. Great news all round though!

Looks like a good job to mate. Ah be grand, that's if it ever gets built. I think it was the local residents who objected to Casement most recently - everyone wants to express their heritage and culture - until a massive stadium is out your back garden! lol

Looks like a good job to mate. Ah be grand, that's if it ever gets built. I think it was the local residents who objected to Casement most recently - everyone wants to express their heritage and culture - until a massive stadium is out your back garden! lol
I thought it passed all those hurdles and the planners have given the green light etc? Its on an existing ground so hard to object to it being modernised when Windsor and Ravenhill have been done in the last decade.

IMG_9553.jpeg

Replace 'Bovril' with the smell of weeds in the Street End bogs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back