New Everton Stadium

My point was that the pitch won't be big enough for Uefa and Fifa finals and Semis but GOODISON PARK WAS...

Fixed.

Let's break this down a bit more for you. The. Pitch. At. BM. Would. Be. Large. Enough. To. Host. Major. Finals.

The reason it won't is because If England gets a tournament both semi's and the final will be played at Wembley. CL finals need to be played in ideally 70+k stadiums but at least 65k. We may get a Europa final fairly quickly after opening.

BM has multiple times more chances of hosting a semi final than Goodison (which stands at 0.00%) from this point forward and that's ignoring the fact it is going to be knocked down soon. Goodison was a fine stadium even up to the early 90's but it fails in almost every metric now and that includes pitch size.

Fixed.

Let's break this down a bit more for you. The. Pitch. At. BM. Would. Be. Large. Enough. To. Host. Major. Finals.

The reason it won't is because If England gets a tournament both semi's and the final will be played at Wembley. CL finals need to be played in ideally 70+k stadiums but at least 65k. We may get a Europa final fairly quickly after opening.

BM has multiple times more chances of hosting a semi final than Goodison (which stands at 0.00%) from this point forward and that's ignoring the fact it is going to be knocked down soon. Goodison was a fine stadium even up to the early 90's but it fails in almost every metric now and that includes pitch size.
i-dont-believe-you.gif

I brought this up a while ago saying it looks out of place and I practically got cancelled for saying it.
My understanding is that the brick for the stadium had to be approved through the planning process by Conservation Officers etc. The brick wasn't just being compared to the pumphouse, but to other surrounding historic buildings such as Titanic Hotel, Tobacco warehouse etc. Often planners want new buildings to be sympathetic to nearby listed structures rather than a facsimile or pastiche. It's subjective I guess and maybe the stadium would've looked great in reclaimed brick, but I'm not sure it would necessarily have been approved by planners and statutory consultees.

If anyone was wondering what these were which are currently being constructed, they're 'Soil Cells' for the trees that are proposed.

They will either be paved over or landscaped so you won't be able to see them. They help support tree growth by providing more soil volume over a traditional tree pit. Can also be used as part of the surface water drainage system but not sure whether that's the case for these.

1695576518192.webp
1695576588963.webp

1695576772862.webp

If anyone was wondering what these were which are currently being constructed, they're 'Soil Cells' for the trees that are proposed.

They will either be paved over or landscaped so you won't be able to see them. They help support tree growth by providing more soil volume over a traditional tree pit. Can also be used as part of the surface water drainage system but not sure whether that's the case for these.

View attachment 228954 View attachment 228955
View attachment 228958

Big fan of these informative posts

Cheers for that ;)

Probably a bit late with this but seen as someone was on about the brick cladding the other day, here's some pictures of them in LoR's Precast Factory.

You can see the bricks set up in the mould before adding the reinforcement and pouring the concrete. As has been mentioned, these are real bricks manufactured with a 'key' so they interlock with the poured concrete to form a complete panel.

IMG_0684a.JPG

IMG_0697a.JPG

My understanding is that the brick for the stadium had to be approved through the planning process by Conservation Officers etc. The brick wasn't just being compared to the pumphouse, but to other surrounding historic buildings such as Titanic Hotel, Tobacco warehouse etc. Often planners want new buildings to be sympathetic to nearby listed structures rather than a facsimile or pastiche. It's subjective I guess and maybe the stadium would've looked great in reclaimed brick, but I'm not sure it would necessarily have been approved by planners and statutory consultees.
It can also be hard to imagine how the buildings you mentioned looked when new. Have to remember that bricks age and they rarely get cleaned up.

I used to work for a local planning authority in London where London Yellow stock brick had been traditionally used. Whilst local to the area and with the majority of the buildings being built in the same brick, brand new stock would stick out like a sore thumb.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back