New Everton Stadium

I think a precedent was set (consciously or unconsciously) when the Park End was renamed in a previous Chairman's honour.
That chairman won two league titles, a FA Cup and a European trophy.

Our last chairman has nothing but a catalogue of failure against his name at Everton.

It will be an absolute travesty if anything is named in his honor at the new ground. (particularly as he was all too willing to surrender the entire city a few years ago to keep his mates happy)

That chairman won two league titles, a FA Cup and a European trophy.

Our last chairman has nothing but a catalogue of failure against his name at Everton.

It will be an absolute travesty if anything is named in his honor at the new ground. (particularly as he was all too willing to surrender the entire city a few years ago to keep his mates happy)
Well, it’s a push to say the chairman won those - which is sort of my point.

A stand has been named for a chairman by another chairman. Unfairly or not, that nods in a certain direction about what that chairman might have been thinking about a new stadium with four as-yet nameless stands.

Well, it’s a push to say the chairman won those - which is sort of my point.

A stand has been named for a chairman by another chairman. Unfairly or not, that nods in a certain direction about what that chairman might have been thinking about a new stadium with four as-yet nameless stands.
That's a fair point.

One would hope our new owners (whoever they are) appoint a level headed businessman as Chairman and not some sentimental wet-wipe playing to his adoring crowd.

I don't even like the idea of players having stands, celebrate the past, by all means... But that stadium should stand for the next 100 years, we need new legends (genuine ones) worthy of recognition.

That's a fair point.

One would hope our new owners (whoever they are) appoint a level headed businessman as Chairman and not some sentimental wet-wipe playing to his adoring crowd.

I don't even like the idea of players having stands, celebrate the past, by all means... But that stadium should stand for the next 100 years, we need new legends (genuine ones) worthy of recognition.
We do need new legends but that doesn't mean you don't recognise those from the past. Administrators get recognised in the honours system not by having football stands named after them.( hopefully)

That's a fair point.

100%. Dean, the 60s, the 80s. That’s three eras that ought to have representation.

Fourth is up for grabs. 😬

Apparently these are speakers being installed 🤷🏼‍♂️ was taken from LinkedIn
IMG_2787.webp
IMG_2786.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back