New Everton Stadium

Ideally you could gut each stand from behind and keep the old lady the same toward the pitch, but that wouldn't fix the terrible line of sight issues from too many seats.
Hoping the steepness and tightness of BMD can help hold the atmosphere. The fans are mad too, which helps a lot.
I honestly believe the new place could be a bear pit like Goodison. I think Meis did a good job.
I think he's done the best possible under modern stadium build constraints

There’s more of a contrast between the roof and the barrel cladding than I was expecting.
Thought it was a more uniform silver(ish) finish.
Unless you’re flying over in a plane or you get a drone to look up there you won’t see it anyway and the materials used on the barrel section will be much more expensive than the roof… looks smart to me.

Think it would have been better if the would have had more of a darker silver roof covering to match up with the barrell cladding.

Attachments

• 20240413_102625.jpg
    20240413_102625.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 15

Think it would have been better if the would have had more of a darker silver roof covering to match up with the barrell cladding.
Can’t say the contrast bothers me at all.

But for those it does: you can’t see it from ground level - and we’re so seldom going to see it from the air, except on TV on a weekend Sky fixture.

No big deal.

Any updates on the estimated completion date? Just trying to fume over how long we’re going to leave a billion £ asset sitting there before the new season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back