New Everton Stadium

So I just read that the Co-op Arena cost is now circa £450m. Kind of adds some perspective to what has been a rapidly rising cost for BMD.

£450m for something that has less than half the capacity, zero architectural merit, and didn't require the filling of a dock to build on.

It looks like 3 black boxes stacked 🤷‍♂️.

Screenshot_20240515_090344_Google.webp

So I just read that the Co-op Arena cost is now circa £450m. Kind of adds some perspective to what has been a rapidly rising cost for BMD.

£450m for something that has less than half the capacity, zero architectural merit, and didn't require the filling of a dock to build on.

View attachment 256985
Oh and according to the Manchester Evening News, a pint at the Co-op Arena will require quite the outlay...

"At Co-op Live, draft pints of Guinness, Asahi Super Dry or local ale, Seven Bro7hers Easy IPA are priced at £8.95 for a pint. A pint of Grolsch is slightly cheaper at £8.35"

or £3.20 for a 330ml bottle of water if you're driving!

View attachment 256985

Seems like they just stuck "Co-op Live" on the side of this...

Screenshot_20240515_094502_Google.jpg

Oh and according to the Manchester Evening News, a pint at the Co-op Arena will require quite the outlay...

"At Co-op Live, draft pints of Guinness, Asahi Super Dry or local ale, Seven Bro7hers Easy IPA are priced at £8.95 for a pint. A pint of Grolsch is slightly cheaper at £8.35"

or £3.20 for a 330ml bottle of water if you're driving!
I was at an event at Goodison yesterday and paid £12.25 for two large (underfilled) cokes and and a pint of Coors ( the Carling had just gone off, in case anyone is wondering), so it's not exactly cheap. It is already around £6 for a pint of Moretti in the Bramley Moore pub, so by the time BMD opens I am sure we will have to pay over £7-£8 a pint.

View attachment 256985
Should have just extended / redeveloped an existing venue for ¼ of the cost and time.

View attachment 256985
I thought this was a render at first, and was slightly perplexed about the choice to drop the hi-vis dude bottom right, but I'm guessing he's just a guy who was there in real life.

Should have just extended / redeveloped an existing venue for ¼ of the cost and time.
Problem is the existing one is on top of the train station.

Just saw some videos from the Elbow gig and it does look like a great arena, they seem to have gone for similar to Everton with the crowd being quite steep and "on top" of the floor. Though that could've been the video perspective, will find out myself in 4 weeks

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back