New Everton Stadium

You know I'm almost sure I paid on the gate for the Bayern game ? I was 19 back then and had been going on the Street End for at least 10 years ....never was it so packed before !!
It was pay on the gate that night as far as I can remember. I used to have an unused upper Bullens ticket. Got it for my father in law to sit next to my brother. He didn't turn up and my brother reckoned he was sitting next to the only empty seat in the ground haha.

They gates did drop dramatically in the early 80s and again after our success in the early 90s. We weren't the only ones though.

Was that the O'Keefe winner ?
If so yeah I was there again .... liars the lot of them !
Officially 49,192 ???
I was at that one, i can even remember the gate I went in. The Gwladys St turnstile that was on the corner on the Bullens side. Slammed shut only a few people after me and my mates got in. I usually went in earlier but Queues were horrendous and only just made it. Went to the earlier away draw at the Dell. One of the worst crushes I've ever been in. The away end was like sardines. Silly o'clock in the morning Barnes Travel.

I was at that one, i can even remember the gate I went in. The Gwladys St turnstile that was on the corner on the Bullens side. Slammed shut only a few people after me and my mates got in. I usually went in earlier but Queues were horrendous and only just made it. Went to the earlier away draw at the Dell. One of the worst crushes I've ever been in. The away end was like sardines. Silly o'clock in the morning Barnes Travel.
I was at both games ,wasn't there about 10000 blues at Southampton?
It was because we had beaten the rs in the previous round.Another year where we blew it at home against City drew at home then lost away.

I was at both games ,wasn't there about 10000 blues at Southampton?
It was because we had beaten the rs in the previous round.Another year where we blew it at home against City drew at home then lost away.

That southampton away game was on one of the Big Match Revisited programmes a few months back. The Everton support in the ground was unreal and we invaded the pitch at the end, even though it was only a 0-0 draw! That was back when the FA Cup was the big one though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back