New Everton Stadium

Apologies if I've posted this before or if anyone else has (memory is not what it used to be) but sat here watching the footy from Germany, I've just realised that in 4 years time we will be hosting a game in the same tournament and on the half way line it will say "Euros 2028 Liverpool". Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Apologies if I've posted this before or if anyone else has (memory is not what it used to be) but sat here watching the footy from Germany, I've just realised that in 4 years time we will be hosting a game in the same tournament and on the half way line it will say "Euros 2028 Liverpool". Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
That’s spooky, I was just looking at the Leipzig sign thinking the same thing myself.
It’s going to confuse a lot of people

That’s spooky, I was just looking at the Leipzig sign thinking the same thing myself.
It’s going to confuse a lot of people

It's a great way to claim the L word back. I know of one set of supporters who won't be happy. Glad that crowd rebuilt and didn't move. I think that decision might come back and bite them on the backside. I sincerely hope so.

Ah, you’re not talking about the one in the channel? That also gets focus in the video!

Edit: that’ll be under the pitch, surely.

View attachment 261234
I often walk along the waterfront and it occurred to me the other day that a lot of the stone used in the dock construction was granite. I was wondering where the granite came from as most of the stone in Liverpool would be sandstone I guess. Looking on the internet it seems the granite was transported by ship from Kirkmabreck in Scotland from 1830 onwards. Must have been a tremendous amount of work back then with no modern machinery. Good to see it incorporated into the stadium

I often walk along the waterfront and it occurred to me the other day that a lot of the stone used in the dock construction was granite. I was wondering where the granite came from as most of the stone in Liverpool would be sandstone I guess. Looking on the internet it seems the granite was transported by ship from Kirkmabreck in Scotland from 1830 onwards. Must have been a tremendous amount of work back then with no modern machinery. Good to see it incorporated into the stadium
Granite is radioactive… oh FFS, we’ve built the radioactron dome

The bar packages/commitment was a little much for me so I'm hoping there's some decent bars nearby that have sufficient seating.

That's been my hope all along.

Seating for pre and post match. Just for access to a seat and cash bar.

I was hoping for this in GA but seems there's nothing except standing on the concourses which is disappointing.

Like you I'll go somewhere outside the stadium instead.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back