New Everton Stadium

Found a better shot of the original stepped plaza.

There's no sense in pining for any part of this design now - but I really love the grey metal grates between the bricks here (though they are appropriate for a car park more than a concourse) - and indeed the bricks themselves are pretty cool, I think.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 14.10.48.webp

There's no sense in pining for any part of this design now - but I really love the grey metal grates between the bricks here (though they are appropriate for a car park more than a concourse) - and indeed the bricks themselves are pretty cool, I think.

View attachment 262455
I guess it's all opinions really and unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your outlook) it was felt by one of the statutory planning consultees that the new version was the more acceptable design for a number of planning reasons.

One element the new version of the stepped plaza does address which the one you've pictured doesn't, is the exposure to winds/weather that crowds could have on the West side. The creation of the covered access (rather than giant wind baffles) was a key part of the redesign. I'll try and dig out the references to it in the planning docs.

I guess it's all opinions really and unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your outlook) it was felt by one of the statutory planning consultees that the new version was the more acceptable design for a number of planning reasons.

One element the new version of the stepped plaza does address which the one you've pictured doesn't, is the exposure to winds/weather that crowds could have on the West side. The creation of the covered access (rather than giant wind baffles) was a key part of the redesign. I'll try and dig out the references to it in the planning docs.
Yes. Well, sort of - I believe the fans could walk underneath the car park. That certainly seems to be suggested by the render.

But as I conceded, I think the car park was just too chunky. It made the stadium look overbalanced on that side.

Some pics of relevant bits of the D&S addendum (sorry for photos of laptop screen but it was the quickest way to upload)

20240628_143255.webp

20240628_143518.webp

20240628_143832.webp

20240628_144042.webp

20240628_144203.webp

20240628_144322.webp

Attachments

• 20240628_144322.webp
    20240628_144322.webp
    629.4 KB · Views: 6

View attachment 262455

I prefer the final design but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's all subjective.

View attachment 262455
Final design is better to my eyes, but those terrace steps are better, purely for the ramp on it, (for wheelchair users, pushchairs for people visiting on non-matchdays, or for the elderly).

Be nice for them to get up there without having to use lifts inside.
Screenshot_2024-06-28-21-49-07-073_com.brave.browser-edit.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back