New Everton Stadium

I will never understand why tall buildings are deemed more impressive. Especially the bog standard stuff we see in every city nowadays.

For me, the charm of the wider Mersey waterfront is the unobstructed views across the river over the Wirral and North Wales beyond. Similarly I like the views from the Wirral of the city centre rising up towards Everton.
Those views are likely quite a bit better from the 20th floor of an apartment like.

I will never understand why tall buildings are deemed more impressive. Especially the bog standard stuff we see in every city nowadays.

For me, the charm of the wider Mersey waterfront is the unobstructed views across the river over the Wirral and North Wales beyond. Similarly I like the views from the Wirral of the city centre rising up towards Everton.
There's no doubt to my mind, the Wirral gets the best deal in terms of views across the river.

The Liverpool waterfront is the best in the country, and one of the best in the world.

I love that we're now part of it. There's no need to take focus away with generic 30-storey towers.

30-liverpool-waterfront-kevin-elias.jpg

There's no doubt to my mind, the Wirral gets the best deal in terms of views across the river.

The Liverpool waterfront is the best in the country, and one of the best in the world.

I love that we're now part of it. There's no need to take focus away with generic 30-storey towers.

30-liverpool-waterfront-kevin-elias.jpg

Always wondered why they didn’t make the most of the area by Hamilton square. Imagine seeing that out your window every day.

The Liver building was the skyscraper of its day. Roundly condemned by some traditionalists at the time. Cities need vibrancy. For that, they need density. A cluster of towers can help provide and concentrate that. Liverpool waters obviously contains several bodies of water, which will not be occupied.... therefore to maximise density, the developments along the Quaysides need height to be sustainable and to spread activity along the waterfront. Nowhere can sell tall buildings better than a port city's waterfront. If it can help attract investment and new businesses/jobs, we should maximising that opportunity. We did Half-hearted low rise on the south docks, it's pleasant enough, but hardly a massive wealth/job generator.

The Liver building was the skyscraper of its day. Roundly condemned by some traditionalists at the time. Cities need vibrancy. For that, they need density. A cluster of towers can help provide and concentrate that. Liverpool waters obviously contains several bodies of water, which will not be occupied.... therefore to maximise density, the developments along the Quaysides need height to be sustainable and to spread activity along the waterfront. Nowhere can sell tall buildings better than a port city's waterfront. If it can help attract investment and new businesses/jobs, we should maximising that opportunity. We did Half-hearted low rise on the south docks, it's pleasant enough, but hardly a massive wealth/job generator.

I’m all for impressive tall buildings. If it’s small buildings it’ll look grim like the docks past the M&S arena.

It’s not a social housing area it’s a potential business district which will provide investment and attract major businesses.

Peel just have not been able to find the developers for a couple of big high rises though they would dearly love to do so as a mixed build generally is the most sustainable. Covid and home working has impacted the office space demand. There are a couple of proposed developments in London that are becalmed for these reasons.

Peel just have not been able to find the developers for a couple of big high rises though they would dearly love to do so as a mixed build generally is the most sustainable. Covid and home working has impacted the office space demand. There are a couple of proposed developments in London that are becalmed for these reasons.

Also curious as to why the phase 2 of tobacco warehouse is delayed or cancelled.

If there’s no high level jobs or opportunities near no one is going for them. Need to look at building facilities for tech or something.

Hurts seeing Media City every day when our own dock system had, and still does, so much potential. I don't trust Peel whatsoever.

Peel are useless. No surprise they are Manchester based. The Mancs must be laughing at us. I'd love to the new owners to get their hands on that real estate and do something with it. Peel are just land bankers who produce a new plan every couple of years.

Leaving aside the groundhog day economic arguments, I just don't find tall rectangular blocks aesthetically pleasing, and I am not particularly enamoured of Peel's vision for the rest of the docks.

I am not a heritage luddite by any means, but I do think a cluster of very tall buildings here would also diminish the wow factor of the Three Graces.

However, BMD is a major step in the right direction and will hopefully unlock the regeneration potential of the wider area, especially to the east of Regent Road.

Leaving aside the groundhog day economic arguments, I just don't find tall rectangular blocks aesthetically pleasing, and I am not particularly enamoured of Peel's vision for the rest of the docks.

I am not a heritage luddite by any means, but I do think a cluster of very tall buildings here would also diminish the wow factor of the Three Graces.

However, BMD is a major step in the right direction and will hopefully unlock the regeneration potential of the wider area, especially to the east of Regent Road.
Should repopulate the area with a mm ixtire of housing, private, social landlord, houses, flats, duplex etc. Could have 20,000 people living right next to the city centre.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back