New Everton Stadium

I was there, but have no memory of that at all.
It was around 1.30-2.00 on the day, me and old man were in C Block and couldn't believe it to be honest, didn't go on for long.

IIRC there were 2 planes for each team and they had long streamers from the back end and the idea was to wipe out the streamer.

I think they were on wires, controlled by people on the ground.

Really vivid memories from the day, both of us sobbing when Abide with Me came on as we just lost my Nan, but I can't find any info on it anywhere, may have to dig out my program sure it was in the build up schedule.

It was around 1.30-2.00 on the day, me and old man were in C Block and couldn't believe it to be honest, didn't go on for long.

IIRC there were 2 planes for each team and they had long streamers from the back end and the idea was to wipe out the streamer.

I think they were on wires, controlled by people on the ground.

Really vivid memories from the day, both of us sobbing when Abide with Me came on as we just lost my Nan, but I can't find any info on it anywhere, may have to dig out my program sure it was in the build up schedule.

That explains it. I was in my early 20's at the time, so would gave rolled up at kick off, pissed as a fart.

Just seen the stadium on facebook and it is being labelled as a soulless bowl by many people. How can it be soulless without a fan even stepping foot inside? Must admit seen a few YNWA siganatures. Also the same old boring unimaginative 'Championship Ground'. The envy is unbelievable.

They have to wait until the ground is full until they can even utter the word 'Soulless' . They are looking at a blank canvas and judging with green faces. [Poor language removed]

Wasn't it Frank Skinner who said it was a terrible tragedy, but what great football question? "Why did Hull go down the night Man United were playing Inter Milan?"
DuCg1RgWoAUcb-5.webp

Just seen the stadium on facebook and it is being labelled as a soulless bowl by many people. How can it be soulless without a fan even stepping foot inside? Must admit seen a few YNWA siganatures. Also the same old boring unimaginative 'Championship Ground'. The envy is unbelievable.

They have to wait until the ground is full until they can even utter the word 'Soulless' . They are looking at a blank canvas and judging with green faces. [Poor language removed]

It's not even a bowl, the idiots.

Not a curve in sight other than the roof.

I know this is a joke, but I'm going to nerdsplain anyway!

Exclusion zones are thrown up around Premier League stadia on match day.

If you're flying a drone from a reputable manufacturer, it won't let you fly over.

I was actually quite impressed at all the wider safety features, when I got my DJI drone - like not allowing you to get into flightpaths for landing / taking off planes near airports etc.
I went to watch the U21s at Hartlepool and the ref took the players off as there was a drone flying over the pitch.

This is the exact reason to never believe what you read on the Internet. People will write crap just because it's the done thing to do as a rival fan, deep down you know they've only bothered commenting because it hurts them.

Hand on heart, there are only a few stadiums in the whole country I would even think about swapping ours for. That makes me warm inside and puts us back to where we were in the early 90's when Goodison was still one of the best around.

Yes, I saw quite a few of them. 100% hallmarks of Kopites. Trying to change their hateful and jealous strategy as they have finally realised that noone cares about the very old and incredibly tired 'best stadium in the Chanpionship' line.

Yes, I saw quite a few of them. 100% hallmarks of Kopites. Trying to change their hateful and jealous strategy as they have finally realised that noone cares about the very old and incredibly tired 'best stadium in the Chanpionship' line.
We've got 0 points and a 51 page relegation thread.
Only once the manager and players start putting the points on the board will those Championship barbs lose their meaning

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back