New Everton Stadium

I can see peoples point when they reckon the inside looks bland but I think it's been specifically designed for atmosphere so it's pointless to judge it without a crowd inside. Unlike the outside which is looking really well.
I'm not sure there is another landmark stadium in the UK quite like it from an architectural point of view.
Villa park and Ibrox have the beautiful old brickwork. Other than those heritage structures.
Spurs and Arsenal have pretty bland exteriors and most others are a mish mash of function over style.
The first night game at BMD will be quite something!

I agree John, the Dynamic will be completely different. Most stadia and their immediate environs take a good few mins to clear, and that's with people dispersing in all directions with little or no restrictive flow. So BMD, essentially sitting in its own gated cul de sac should take longer, and that staggered dispersal will help Sandhills and the marshalling area to cope with the post-match rush. How away fans are treated may be an issue in that respect. Merseyrail might be able to feed an extra special train or 2 from sidings at Kirkdale and potentially at Vauxhall, to increase capacity to help clear that initial influx. However, if the station's through-put is restricted to 4k per hr, the actual train's capacity is almost irrelevant. Hopefully, effective marshalling and some remodelling can increase that considerably to nearer the line's capacity. Better still, hopefully a station at Vauxhall will eventually get the go ahead, to split North and Southbound passengers far more effectively.

Yes, I was only talking about the Northern Line. That's why I didn't mention the Wirral line either. I remember reading that only 20 something percent of the Liverpool conurbation were within convenient walking access to rail services. Of course that increases where park and ride and easy bus connections are available, but their are usage maps showing distribution of rail passengers, and obviously these drop off dramatically in those areas away from the lines. Unfortunately, there are only a few stations on the 2 city lines within the city boundaries, with only one full eastern corridor served directly, and the bulk of Liverpool districts either side with no steel-wheel connection at all. Originally, the loop lines were going to be added to the system, and that would've brought in several of those districts, and multiplied journey options around a real city-network. Again, hopefully that's one for the future, because that would be transformative for this site and the Liverpool water's scheme generally.

Yeah, the loop line really should have been sorted a long time ago, imo. Vauxhall would also be good. I passed through Sandhills today, and you can see the area were I think the holding area will be. I'm gonna attach an image and i've marked that in yellow. I was wondering though, there's a piece of empty land just to the north of Sandhills - I've marked that in orange.- Do you have any idea what's happening there Tom? it's been getting worked on for a while now, last I heard it was for park and ride, but not sure if that's still the case, as it was quite a few years ago now when that was being touted.

Untitledzxcv.webp

Last edited:
The roughly 65- 70k season ticket and memberships have had their chance to buy tickets for possibly the last ever cup game at Goodison and roughly half the seats still left. Tickets are £25 and a fiver for kids and on general sale today. Hopefully a sell out before next week.
the last game in the cup had a steady stream of sales allup to the day of the game, I expect this would be the same. I'm away with work this time or would have had four. Gutted.

I haven't been to away games for years, so have no experience of most of the new stadiums. I'm just wondering though, potentially which stadiums might be better than our new one? I'm guessing really only Spurs and Arsenal? City? Never been. West Ham? You must be kidding. It looks shocking. Legacy stadiums like Anfield, St James'? Don't think so. Anyone who still travels able to give an honest opinion of which would still be considered better?
Spurs is a good one but still feel there is some character lacking. Can't put my finger on what really.

Arsenal's is an impressive ground but is lacking in atmosphere due to it being round. Spurs' has a better design than Arsenals.

Man City's isn't great at all and for me West Hams is the worst Football Stadium in English Football. I prefer Bournemouth's ground to that. Just isn't a football stadium.

Spurs is a good one but still feel there is some character lacking. Can't put my finger on what really.

Arsenal's is an impressive ground but is lacking in atmosphere due to it being round. Spurs' has a better design than Arsenals.

Man City's isn't great at all and for me West Hams is the worst Football Stadium in English Football. I prefer Bournemouth's ground to that. Just isn't a football stadium.

west hams is horrible

People should save their judgements until they have been to a game in both stadiums imo.
I agree.

Spurs is a nice looking stadium and is a more complex structure than BMD but there was compromises made for the NFL side of things.

Their South Stand has been a massive disappointment to even their fans.

Having been inside BMD and “felt” how intimate it is, I think it has every chance of being the better football ground.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back