New look matchday programme

Programnes are too big and too expensive now to bother collecting. It's a shrinking market as fewer and fewer now collect compared to years ago.
It is partly this, but also the 'hobby' of collecting programmes began pre war when you could only buy a programme at the match. This made them 'rare' and thus collectable.
Since (I think) the late 1960s or early 70s it has been possible for people to 'subscribe' and receive every programme issued without ever actually going to a game.

Its own thread ffs!

anybody else want to join the @Eggs fanclub, apply here! Very low annual subs and guaranteed to not attract the negative attention suffered by the likes of the Swifties. We ‘Eggy ones’ are held in the highest regard amongst all assembled crowds in the Nation.

I haven't bought a progamme since i was about 14, but with it being the last season i think it will be good keepsakes for the grandkids
"Son, back in the 2020s we had flying wingers called McNeil and Harrison, and had internationally-recognised strikers Beto and Maupay amongst our ranks. It wasn't quite as exciting as in my day in the 1960s, but things were starting to look up. Now, I pass this programme collection to you as a keepsake of those heady times."

"Son, back in the 2020s we had flying wingers called McNeil and Harrison, and had internationally-recognised strikers Beto and Maupay amongst our ranks. It wasn't quite as exciting as in my day in the 1960s, but things were starting to look up. Now, I pass this programme collection to you as a keepsake of those heady times."
Many a true word spoken in jest

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back