New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to a friend of mine about this, he was addicted to gambling for a long time and is now over 8 years without a bet. He seemed to welcome the ban, but said it was the thin end of the wedge. The bombardment of betting ads on the likes of; talksport, sporting podcasts and SKY had lead him to turn off from all of those things. Surely if the government were really concerned they would be targeting the media as well as football clubs.

If the premier league clubs do this of their own volition then fair enough, it will be interesting to see where we can get a decent sponsor from in the future. hopefully Usmanov is cleared of his sanctions and we can go back to the likes of Megafon and USM.

Until every televised sporting event with ads doesnt have a gambling advert every single opportunity....it's not going to change much

Betting sponsors to be banned but where does it stop? Will Alcohol sponsors be banned too?

They should be 100%.

It doesn’t matter, alcohol is a regular every day feature in peoples lives. Whether someone mentions beer, go to a shop, it’s there.

Advertisement does not need to happen. I have the exact stance for Betting too.

Maybe a smidge radical, but I don’t think anything which can be classed as “addictive” should be advertised. That for me includes Confectionary and Carbonated soft drinks.

Owner of stake.com just broke the property record in Melbourne, Australia - bought a house for $80m (£45m) which he will knock down, so likely to spend another £15m-£20m on the build.

Our sponsorship must be driving value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back