• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Newcastle offer season ticket holders free half-season ticket to try to fill St James' Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Interesting...

Newcastle are offering season ticket holders a free additional half-season ticket to gift to fellow supporters to help fill St James' Park.
Sunday's 2-1 victory over Southampton was Newcastle's lowest home crowd for a Premier League match since November 2010, with 42,303 in attendance.
The free ticket will cover 10 home Premier League games, starting against Everton on 28 December.
Tickets will be available on a first-come first-served basis from Tuesday.
"To have the crowds we have is wonderful and we can't ever take that for granted," said Magpies boss Steve Bruce.
"But the question to all of us at the club is can we pack the stadium to the rafters?
"It starts with results on the pitch, but I hope a gesture like this will help us to fill the place because St James' Park in full voice is a force to be reckoned with."
Newcastle fans held a protest against the ownership of Mike Ashley outside St James' Park before their opening Premier League match against Arsenal this season.
The Magpies are currently 11th in the Premier League, with 22 points from 16 matches.

Biffs are supposed to be unhappy with the chairman but still fill 42k. Make up your mind, you enjoy being in the top flight and tolerate the owner or you hate him and avoid the match until he leaves.
Mess of a club.

If they’re staying away to try and force Ashley’s hand, then all power to them.

Force in what way though? Seems like he's been trying to sell, and he will have some sort of responsibility to make sure the next lot are going to do the right thing. Seems like they spent a fair amount this summer, too.

As much as they are delusional about how 'big' they are (for a club that's won faff all, so file under West Ham), Bruce is a local lad and seems to be doing a decent enough job with them.

They're spoilt by that brief period of Hall/Shepherd in the late 90's.

Lads up here all hate Ashley with a passion but still go week on week. I’ve continually told them it’s ridiculous.

If I can get through my sparky AM2, I’ve convinced the missus to move out nearer to where her family live. And it’s a good 80 miles closer to Goodison than I am now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back