Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One major Newcastle destroyed us last night in the 2nd half Maxim their winger - Coleman did a reasonable job on him in the first half - 2nd half our defence could not live with him - they could not control him - it was a blast from the past of a George Best style performance......
our defence / midfield could not get near him far too slow disorganised no method of stopping him destroying us .....

when I seen us play against Best - we needed four players to stop him as splashes for the ball anywhere on the pitch quick!y......

he showed how slow our defence is at the back p!us midfield in alarming way sadly .....
There are actually people on here who don’t rate Saint Maximin. Laughable! He was unplayable.

I think we lost nearly all of our attacking ability when Gray went off although Gordon played well. When Mina went off the defence was nearly as bad as when Mina was on having a very poor game, Branthwaite was calmer and passed the ball better than the erratic Mina.
Not sure wha you were watching. Im a big fan of Branthwaite but he was awful and looked a nervous wreck!

Not sure wha you were watching. Im a big fan of Branthwaite but he was awful and looked a nervous wreck!
No he was pretty calm you must have had your eyes pinned on Michael Keane who is a nervous wreck and he the English international kept passing the ball to the young nineteen year old who kept possession most of the time and found an Everton teammate with his passes.

A terrible night. The atmosphere in the away end was great up until their equaliser but way we just shat our kecks and then continued to play like utter chumps made it difficult to get behind the team.

Thought at half time we were lucky to have not went behind in that 5 mins following their goal, was hoping we'd have the resolve to dust ourselves off and get back to dominating as we did in the first 40 mins.

Wasn't to be. Absolutely have to beat Leeds on Saturday.

Is it just my imagination or do we get waaaaaay more injuries than other teams? Why is half our squad made of glass? ?
Knock on effect of existing injuries + we don't rotate anyone ever so every starting player basically plays every minute until they get injured. Our failed recruitment policy means nobody has bothered to build a competitive squad where there are rotation options for every position.

I'm sure teams like Leeds get even more injuries than us, but that's probably a playstyle thing as well.

One thing that really annoyed me was that when Mina went down injured and Newcastle played on and nearly scored the commentator said nothing, yet when we did the same away at Brentford the commentator couldn't stop banging on about it and we got called out for so-called 'unsporting behaviour '.
There does seem to be some media bias in regard to the way our club is covered. Is it anything to do with the fact that we are a Scouse club? I really don’t know but it is disheartening.

Got to be the most frustrating player at the club...
Reminds me of big Vic,
Physically got it all, pace, power, good on the ball...
Eye for a pass....
Just not consistent enough...
Get him playing and he's a top asset,
Unfortunately for us he's been a 1 in 30 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back